Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the more I build the focus the more I’m going to begin to spin and lose power to the ground. Any way that I can maintain the power to the ground?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Save full throttle for higher speeds. As I kept telling myself on Sunday, the throttle isn't a binary switch and you can use more of the range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigger turbo makes power later than the small factory Ko3 does...so...bigger turbo...

Tires with more sticky.
Right. I just don’t know if I wanna go big turbo rn. And I don’t have the money lol. Thank you tho. Good to know

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey guys, the more I build the focus the more I’m going to begin to spin and lose power to the ground. Any way that I can maintain the power to the ground?
LSD, dude...
Someone on here had a killer deal on one for sale, I remember seeing it. If I remember correctly, it was brand spanking new as well.
If I were planning on keeping my ST, I'd prob have bought it for myself.
also, RMM will do a lot for it in addition to proper tires. The stock F1's are ass

·
Registered
202 Posts
A young man once asked his friend in a tire place, what’s the best thing I could upgrade on my car. An old man overheard and said, “simple it’s always the same, buy the best tires you can afford.” The old man looked at him menacingly and blurted out, “those 4 rubber things are the only thing between you and sliding into a tree.”- Wise old man

What I imagine happening in a tire place someplace, somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LSD, dude...
Someone on here had a killer deal on one for sale, I remember seeing it. If I remember correctly, it was brand spanking new as well.
also, RMM will do a lot for it in addition to proper tires. The stock F1's are ass
Sweet. I have a Cobb rmm and nitto g2 555 tires. Appreciate it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A young man once asked his friend in a tire place, what’s the best thing I could upgrade on my car. An old man overheard and said, “simple it’s always the same, buy the best tires you can afford.” The old man looked at him menacingly and blurted out, “those 4 rubber things are the only thing between you and sliding into a tree.”- Wise old man

What I imagine happening in a tire place someplace, somewhere.
LOl yeah makes sense. I’m running nitto g2 555’s rn

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
LSD, dude...
LSD is the right answer but can cost more than a big turbo to do :/

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Speaking from experience of what has not yet been suggested.....front torque gusset traction bar. I suspect driver and passenger side motor mounts also help with traction. Possibly even a front strut bar but not as much as the items that have already been suggested.

·
Registered
509 Posts
PS4S tires they were holding 2nd gear on E30 and could control the spin in 1st. If you don’t have a RMM get one of those also.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Everything listed here and the Cobb traction control works fantastically as well.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,497 Posts
Speaking from experience of what has not yet been suggested.....front torque gusset traction bar. I suspect driver and passenger side motor mounts also help with traction. Possibly even a front strut bar but not as much as the items that have already been suggested.
The torque gusset traction bar definitely helped my car stay planted better and helped eliminate the wheelhop I was dealing with. Between the better RMM, traction bar, and getting rid of the stock Eagle F1s, the wheelhop is now gone.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
65 Posts
PS4S tires they were holding 2nd gear on E30 and could control the spin in 1st. If you don’t have a RMM get one of those also.
PS4S in 245/40 vastly improved my traction. Too bad It's soon time to switch over to cold weather tires here in Denver...

LSD is certainly on the radar, but the front traction bar might be the next step for me.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,497 Posts
Don't forget to order new bolts/nuts for the install job, as they're torque to yield parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts