Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have recently had a power steering problem with my 2012 ST I’ve been told by several mechanics a new power steering rack is in order which is a bummer but that’s life.

the issue is trying to source a part in AUS very difficult to find one. I have had Some luck finding them in the UK but a lot of them have the part number BV613D070BL while mine has the part numberBV613D070BE I’m hoping someone may be able to tell me if the ones I’m sourcing will fit my car or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
A Ford parts expert should be able to confirm for sure, but seeing as the last digit of the part number is a higher letter in the alphabet, it should be fine.

Generally with Ford parts, once there's an updated or revised part only the last digit changes to the next letter of the alphabet.

If the PN is totally different, then it may not be compatible.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
1,024 Posts
A Ford parts expert should be able to confirm for sure, but seeing as the last digit of the part number is a higher letter in the alphabet, it should be fine.

Generally with Ford parts, once there's an updated or revised part only the last digit changes to the next letter of the alphabet.

If the PN is totally different, then it may not be compatible.
Yes, it's just a different revision. 90% of the time those revisions are incredibly minor, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,238 Posts
Weren't the early racks more prone to water leaks and damage near the connector? Maybe the update was some improvement(s)?

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you have no luck yet tomorrow I would be happy to check around and see what I can find you or find for you. Funny enough. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve looked up or ordered parts for someone down under! Used to sell a guy in Australia for his type r Hondas all the time. The markup down there is insane!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have no luck yet tomorrow I would be happy to check around and see what I can find you or find for you. Funny enough. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve looked up or ordered parts for someone down under! Used to sell a guy in Australia for his type r Hondas all the time. The markup down there is insane!
I ended up ordering one. Thanks heaps for the offer mate!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts