Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I recently purchased a Cobb accessport, mbrp exhaust, fswerks cool flo intake and Cobb shift plate.

I plan on installing them as soon as I'm done with my overseas trip in a few weeks. I just want to know some tips on how to not blow up my car since I'm installing these things. What kinds of preventative things should I do to keep my car from having issues?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
For the intake, make sure nothing falls into the turbo. Had a guy in a local group send a lost nut through the turbo into the engine and ruined the whole engine. Nothing was covered and he ended up having to get rid of his brand new car.

Shift plate can be kinda annyoing with the roll pin. To this fday I've never been able to remove mine. I installed the cobb piece with the arm still attached to the car using a dentist mirror to see what I was doing. So if you have the ame issue, thats another option.

Ap3 is self explanatory. Just make sure the keys stay in the car while the car is flashing the tunes. It can cause you to lose your stock info if you remove them while the car is learning your car.

Pretty easy exhaust to install imo. If you haven't already pick up the Cobb exhaust hangers. 2015+ have a missing one above rear axle. With a 3inch pipe it will rub and cause annyoing vibrations and rattles.

My last advice is to pick up an intercooler as the stock piece is crap. Best bang for your buck qith this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey I have been reading alot of posts on here and I finally created an account! I need some info on the site and how to navigate it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts