Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt see a thread when i searched. I figured it would be easier to make a thread instead of having to click on everyones profiles to find pictures. Plus this gives you an opportunity to whore your STs.

I have a '14 Tuxedo Black ST3 and have been trying to decide on how dark to go. Its illegal to tint the front windows in California so Im trying to figure out a good combination. I know i want a 5% windshield banner. Im leaning towards 35% on the fronts and %20 on back. I want to keep the sunlight out of my daughters face (2yrs old in rear facing car seat, but I back into the garage and do a lot of night time driving so i think 5% in the rear would be too much. But i also want a decent contrast in the front windows to not get hassled by law enforcement. Post your pics with details....opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also live in California Oxford white here went 5% in the back and 50% in the front. I had 35% before and CHP gave me a fixit ticket. 60 bucks down the drain. Stay clear of those guys, will hand out tickets for everything. Surprised I haven't picked one up for no front license plate.

·
Registered
406 Posts
IMG_1776.JPG
Live in Cali, limo rear one shade lighter up front

·
Registered
110 Posts
PO had it tinted, but I believe 20 all around and sunroof. And either 50 or 35 on the windshield. 5 on the hatch. I need to have it tested.

Low res image

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Llumar film, 35% all around.

I eventually want to do the clear AIR film on the windshield.

tint.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts