Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt see a thread when i searched. I figured it would be easier to make a thread instead of having to click on everyones profiles to find pictures. Plus this gives you an opportunity to whore your STs.

I have a '14 Tuxedo Black ST3 and have been trying to decide on how dark to go. Its illegal to tint the front windows in California so Im trying to figure out a good combination. I know i want a 5% windshield banner. Im leaning towards 35% on the fronts and %20 on back. I want to keep the sunlight out of my daughters face (2yrs old in rear facing car seat, but I back into the garage and do a lot of night time driving so i think 5% in the rear would be too much. But i also want a decent contrast in the front windows to not get hassled by law enforcement. Post your pics with details....opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also live in California Oxford white here went 5% in the back and 50% in the front. I had 35% before and CHP gave me a fixit ticket. 60 bucks down the drain. Stay clear of those guys, will hand out tickets for everything. Surprised I haven't picked one up for no front license plate.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Tire

Live in Cali, limo rear one shade lighter up front

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Llumar film, 35% all around.

I eventually want to do the clear AIR film on the windshield.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Rim

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST3
46 Posts
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle
Car Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

35% up front and 20% on rears but I’m switching to 20% up front and 5% on rears.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
1,298 Posts
We’re no allowed to tint front windows here in the U.K. either. This is the stock rear tints, which are pretty much limo black.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
868 Posts
I dont believe even a strip/visor of tint is legal on the front. Nothing on front is what I've always understood. Anwyays, wish mine was darker all around but tinting the front in conjuction (regardless of legality) makes night driving risky, specially rural.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,957 Posts
I dont believe even a strip/visor of tint is legal on the front. Nothing on front is what I've always understood. Anwyays, wish mine was darker all around but tinting the front in conjuction (regardless of legality) makes night driving risky, specially rural.
There are tiny lines near the top of the glass, you can have anything above that line. The issue is, i, myself find eyebrows super annoying when im in the vehicle looking out. I'd never run one.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
1,298 Posts
@sttwoton we aren't allowed to here either. We just do. Lol
I had a VW GTI year’s ago, which had very slight tint on the front door windows, I got a tug from the law, who told me, if I couldn’t remove the tint there and then, they would impound the car immediately. Typical bureaucratic nonsense here in England. 🤬

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
I had a VW GTI year’s ago, which had very slight tint on the front door windows, I got a tug from the law, who told me, if I couldn’t remove the tint there and then, they would impound the car immediately. Typical bureaucratic nonsense here in England. 🤬
Here in the great state of Kansas we are allowed 35% tint on anything but the windshield; I have 35 % on the driver's and passenger door windows and 20% on the rear doors and hatch. Never been bothered by the police. I had 20% on the front doors too, but couldn't see anything through it at night, which made turning an adventure, so I had it switched.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.