Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Post Your Pepper!

25K views 69 replies 38 participants last post by  powerAce 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, traded in my ‘17 Kona for an 18’ hot pepper red. Fell in love with the color the first time I saw it. Anyone else pick one up?

Attachments

See less See more
#38 · (Edited)
I suppose I should add "Pepper" to this thread, too... This is one or two days after July 15 purchase. Weighs 3100 lbs in autocross trim (1/4 tank, spare & tools removed) as it rolled off the dealer floor. Have since adjusted alignment for autocross, installed ST rear swaybar, installed Borla exhaust, unplugged the symposer, and ordered RPF1 17x8 rims as the autocross rims.

Edit: And the Mishimoto oil catch can showed up in the mail today.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Alloy wheel

#41 ·
I'm going to have to see one of these in person. I was almost certain I was not going to buy the race red ST3 that I did because I hadn't seen one in person and whoever took the pics for the dealership took them in terrible light but it was in my price range and I couldn't find very many to choose from around here so I figured I would drop by and test drive it since I didn't think I liked the color.....as soon as I arrived and saw her in person, I fell in love and the rest is history.

The pepper red is definitely appealing, I bet it really pops when clean and waxed. The only thing I don't like is how the huge red tail lights we have on these cars can really mess with the look of the car, I think it's because of how they wrap around the side of the back end. I'm not a fan of the ventshade but might be on this color. What I would really love to see is a tail light that is clear but blacked out on the inside. I know there is a way to do that from a Tacoma forum I used to be on, people hated the headlights and would take them apart, and black out the background of the inside backing on the light housing, not the reflectors but it really looked good but was too risky and time consuming for me to attempt and there were companies that already sold blacked out housings but they were $$$$

Anyway, congrats! I need to see some of these on the road and up close to make a better decision :)

#43 ·
Stopped at the grocery store yesterday to come out and see a pepper red parked next to my race red. First one I have seen in person and the color is nice. Some of the pictures just don't do it justice but in person, I think it's a great choice. The owner is on the forum here, super cool guy.

Reactions: beretta96
#44 ·
#55 ·
BEYOND TRIPODING
Coming into the final S-curve and only two wheels are touching the ground!
Pic by Rio Rios.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.