·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Reactions: SToked13

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,147 Posts
yeah it was dusk and I was zoomed in a little bit. Believe it or not that's a 21 megapixel camera
@brian60 He needs your special camera stuff lol
Yeahhh once lighting starts going away the camera has to boost the ISO to brighten the shot...and as ISO increases so does grain which gives it that appearance of a ton of specks. Couple that with zooming in...which literally makes those specks larger...and yeah it will severely kill a photos quality. Nothing you can really do about it, just the limitation of the camera! Those little phone cameras can only let in so much light compared to a lens and actual camera shutter, but they're getting better! That new Pixel has an INSANE camera on it, especially in low light shot in professional mode.

I fully support anyone looking to get a DSLR or Frameless camera though :cool: you'll never want to go back.

I shot this one of my buddies in low light and he was even moving and I was quite surprised how it turned out:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,147 Posts
pretty low light... taken with a PIXEL 2 XL, which has a pretty nice camera... for a phone

View attachment 358927
Precisely why I called out the Pixel! For a phone, their camera is mental. Then again, they have a camera engineering and design team that's massive...so it's clearly a priority of theirs! I still haven't tried a Pixel phone since I haven't needed a new one in a while but I'm getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger.

2121 - 2140 of 2186 Posts