Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. I just picked up a 2014 ST with the full leather Recaro seats. It has the snow flake rims though. Do the seats confirm it's a ST3? If not, how can I determine that? 209842de-7a5d-4cba-9a2a-4d40309bf565.jpg

Now on to headlights. I bought this car from auction and am still sorting through everything. I notice the headlights were unplugged which leads me to believe someone swapped the headlights before sending it to auction. From what I understand, 2013 - 2014 ST3's have different headlights. If I in fact have an ST3, should these be LEDS and will ST1 & 2 lights work?

Stay turned, because I will have plenty more brain busters regarding a faulty ECM or wiring in a coming post.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
744 Posts
What's up guys. I just picked up a 2014 ST with the full leather Recaro seats. It has the snow flake rims though. Do the seats confirm it's a ST3? If not, how can I determine that? View attachment 307713

Now on to headlights. I bought this car from auction and am still sorting through everything. I notice the headlights were unplugged which leads me to believe someone swapped the headlights before sending it to auction. From what I under, 2013 - 2014 ST3's have different headlights. If I in fact have an ST3, should these be LEDS and will ST1 & 2 lights work?

Stay turned, because I will have plenty more brain busted regarding a faulty ECM or wiring in a coming post.

Thanks in advance!
The full leather Recaros are a good indication. Do you have the color mood lighting? Up top by the sunglasses compartment, there should be a knob to dim the interior mood lighting (footwells, map compartment, cup holders, front door handles) and then there should be a button to the side of the knob to change the color. I'm assuming that the headlights that you got with the car are not the bi-xenons? They will have a LED strip across the top while on--the strip is not DRL.

·
Registered
629 Posts
2013-2014 only come with snowflakes. full leather recaros and projector headlights are dead giveaway that its an ST3, top trim level. 2015+ is an exterior/interior refresh and the easiest interior change to spot is the flat bottom steering wheel. I am not sure if the ST1/2 halogen headlights will work with an ST3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure about the '13 and '14, but my '16 ST3 has HID not LED headlights. It has premium wheels not snowflakes. Heated leather Recaros, a heated steering wheel and sunroof. It came with LED interior lights that can change color/intensity, Nav, Sync3, this thing is loaded. Hope this helps a little...

Sent from the Bat-phone from an undisclosed location

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yes, unless someone purchased/traded for the full leather Recaro seats, and the headlights, then it's definitely an ST3.

Like another guy said, see if you have the color changing mood lighting button beside a little knob to adjust the brightness of the interior lighting up above your rearview mirror. If that's there then yeah 100% certainty it's an ST3.

I'm already 98% certain with the seats and headlights, but that'll ice the cake.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Not sure about the '13 and '14, but my '16 ST3 has HID not LED headlights. It has premium wheels not snowflakes. Heated leather Recaros, a heated steering wheel and sunroof. It came with LED interior lights that can change color/intensity, Nav, Sync3, this thing is loaded. Hope this helps a little...

Sent from the Bat-phone from an undisclosed location
Correct, ST models of all years either have Halogen or HID, no LED other than the DRL strip at the top.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well hot damn, I have myself a ST3! Thank guys. One of the mounting tabs (1 of 2) on one of the headlights is cracked. I am guessing I can just break the light apart and replace the back housing?

Like I mentioned in my original post, I have a sea of things that need to be addressed (bumper, windshield, all of the service light/codes, fluids and gutting and cleaning the interior for reassembly(flood car))

·
Premium Member
13,911 Posts
Well hot damn, I have myself a ST3! Thank guys. One of the mounting tabs (1 of 2) on one of the headlights is cracked. I am guessing I can just break the light apart and replace the back housing?

Like I mentioned in my original post, I have a sea of things that need to be addressed (bumper, windshield, all of the service light/codes, fluids and gutting and cleaning the interior for reassembly(flood car))
What part of the headlight is cracked? If it's the black part I'd pull out the epoxy.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Correct, it's the back. Any certain kinds or brands?
Epoxy made for plastic. You can get it at the usual places (walmart, hardware stores, ect.). I bought a second set of headlights to do a retrofit with and one of the mounting tabs was broken. I ended up just drilling a hole in the part of the tab that was still there and using a zip tie to attach the headlight to the car. I never have luck with epoxy working on stuff like this.

Also searching your questions first will get you quicker answers. Just use google and type "site:focusst.org" after your search (or any site of your choosing).

LMGTFY

Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The weird parking brake handle is a dead giveaway that its an ST3. I'd check to make sure you indeed have the HID headlights because I know some local guys have swapped before selling/trading theirs in, because honestly who checks that?

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
The weird parking brake handle is a dead giveaway that its an ST3. I'd check to make sure you indeed have the HID headlights because I know some local guys have swapped before selling/trading theirs in, because honestly who checks that?
Sideways cupholders are the dead giveaway. I seriously doubt anyone would do a center console swap. ST2 like mine are lined up with the cupholders one in front of the other.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Now that you guys picked out the smaller things I forgot about and take for granted, yeah it's definitely an ST3. Nobody is dumb enough to piece this all together instead of buying an ST3 :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FYI, you can type your vin into something like this:
https://beaverdamautos.com/windowsticker.php

and click the "Quic Window sticker" and it will say the "INCLUDED ON THIS VEHICLE" options. ST2 and ST3 will be listed with the other options that came on the car like HIDs, heated seats, ambient lighting etc
Awesome. Thanks!

I plan to break the car down this weekend, pull the fluids, interior and bumper and start going through the harness.

"Pretty nice little Saturday, we're also going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time"

·
Registered
22 Posts
My friend could have sworn he bought a '14 . interior is little different. Flat bottom steering wheel and buttons on the shift panel.
Its funny there seems to be different opinions of clear indication of st1 2 or 3. Its absolutely not the wheels. When looking for an st3 I saw an st1 with the upgraded rims and the sales guy told me it's indeed an st1 but they sell a lot more cars with those rims. I saw the same exact rims on a civic but the blue center cap said Honda.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
and someone else has already painted the crash bar black and shaved the grill!
Since you are buying a new bumper, you could do a facelift mod if that interests you. You just need 15+ headlights and hood along with front bumper.
But that would be expensive to do.
Just replace the bumper skin and be done with it. And get a big intercooler while you are at it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts