Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I got Stratified a month ago or so and I love it. I want to go back to the stock map to figure out what is happening to my grille shutters. Is the only way to go back to the stock tune to uninstall the AP?

I have the Stratified TC and I can't see how to change the mode. Any hints?

My grille shutters seem to be stuck on 41% all the time and I want them to close when the motor is cold but they don't and I am trying to figure out why. I guess that most of you have either taken the shutters out or they are open all the time from the tune but I was wondering if anybody else has the same problem.

Thank you
Dean

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hi

I got Stratified a month ago or so and I love it. I want to go back to the stock map to figure out what is happening to my grille shutters. Is the only way to go back to the stock tune to uninstall the AP?

My grille shutters seem to be stuck on 41% all the time and I want them to close when the motor is cold but they don't and I am trying to figure out why. I guess that most of you have either taken the shutters out or they are open all the time from the tune but I was wondering if anybody else has the same problem.

Thank you
Dean
Did you ask Stratified to or does there tune delete the AGS (active grill ****ters)? The AGS fail freqently from my experience and from reading other peoples experience. You can read all the issues people have had ...let me google that for you https://www.google.com/webhp?source...cusst.org+AGS+won't+open+site:www.focusst.org

My opinion,ask tuner to up the rpm a bit, prop open all the grill shutters and yank the fuse. Or remove the AGS entirely.

·
Super Moderator
8,603 Posts
Hi

Thank you
Dean
If there is a stage 0 tune on your AccessPort, that would be equivalent to factory settings, but not the factory tune. You would have to uninstall the AccessPort for that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I asked Stratified to make my shutters work like stock because I like the idea of them. The first tune they sent me had the grilles stay open all the time. It is very cold in NE and it takes longer for the car to warm up with the shutters open all the time. The shutters worked fine for a while but now they are screwy. I didn't know they fail a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts