Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the fence about purchasing a new focus st. Test drove one in the rain yesterday and I must say I'm not all that impressed, tho I may have had wheel slip due to the road conditions. Tomorrow after work I will be checking out a new 2015 st (show room floor, only 4 miles). The price seems right, but in just don't want any buyers remorse. I'm questioning if there may be some issues with the 15 model year vs, 17.....18? If I'm being honest, my biggest concern is the power it puts down stock, as initially I'll probably only do an intake and exhaust and wait later to do the atp turbo upgrade. Any advice or input is welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure if Troll, but here goes - To address your question about speed first. If your main concern is speed, get another car. The FoST is NOT a straight line car. It earns it's keep in twisty roads. It's a great DD with lots of potential.

get the 2017, the resale value of the 15 is tanked from the get go and the majority of TSBs have been addressed for the 2017 model. Don't waste money on an air intake. You won't need one until you go big turbo. Stock HP is around 220. First mod should be a tune if you want more power, followed by intercooler upgrade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most definitely not a troll. I've learned to go on the car forum before buying a car to do some research over trusting what my buddy says. So I'll be poking around the threds. Not to mention time is in my side since I bought a car about 18 months ago.

So this is the what I have going on: on the phone, a dealer threw out to me 22-23k for a new 15 st2, I believe, with a sticker of 30k. Another dealer gave me a price of 25k for an st with nav and the upgraded wheels.

I would assume that it being new from the dealer the TSBs would have been taken care of via any recalls. Am I wrong assuming this?

I am looking for a fun DD and it's come down to a focus st or a WRX with a dealer offering a base WRX for 26k.

So I'm leaning towards the ST as I know the WRX is nuts when it comes to mods and needing a tune for everything little thing.

Again all advice is welcomed and I do apologize for the long post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
24k for 2015 are too much. ford in VA has 2017 ST2 for 22.5K.
I was able to pick one up this weekend in SoCal 2017 ST2 for 23.5k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an offer from another dealer for 24,800 on a 2017. When I mentioned the price you got yours for they just said it was a different market so the prices would be different.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Go dor the st, and so the cold air, exhaust whatever you wish... You can not tell me that a cai, ans exhaust wont help. Just get a tune they all say, never mind about warranty.....ive had mine since July, and have been building focus since 2012, st since 2013.... Car is a blast, corners great...straight line speed is A.o.k for stock, in waiting for 3 yr warranty before I do a tune..but have cai, getting exhaust, and gonna keep on rolling...also running signature series amsoil 5w30, EA 15k51 amsoil filter. We will see how well this oil works, as I have just put in my car....GO WITH THE ST...just my 2 cents....

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts