Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 2801 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
My dream car in high school wasn't the Ferrari 308 GTR or the Countach. Oh no, Good Sir, my dream car was a Volvo 760 Turbo Wagon. In Red. Or this...from the same timeframe.
LOVE that. Rickard Rydell was my hero back in those days of BTCC. In case you ever look at Bring a Trailer- I am one of "The Six" who all went in on a desperate and depleted 1979 Ferrari 308 together to get it running- then auctioned it on BaT. I was born a Ferrari fan, but let me tell you, as a person with intimate knowledge of those cars- they are awful. Slow- flexible, terrible brakes, mediocre steering... And then there's the penalty you pay for insuring and maintaining one. Other than the looks (which are debatable) I found there to be few redeeming qualities, but our car was pretty rough.

·
Registered
919 Posts
[QUOTE="PokerRun388, post: 2581299, member: 102666"

I’m confident that with my driving style I can see 25 mpg city in the RS & get over 300 miles to a tank & still have the practicality of the hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Ok, I’m home...so now you gotta get your own ride to Fresno!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,107
Not having a car sucks...

Decided to walk up to the local am/pm early this morning, got half way there & realized I’d forgotten my mask. Shook my head, turned around & walked all the way home.

Honestly, I don’t know how much longer I can keep my cool here, but I’m trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,747 Posts
You made the bed you lay in.

Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am on old time member of this forum who has been gone for some time, i sold my 13 OW ST years ago and recently picked up another (18 OW) because it was such a great car and i have regretted selling my original ST. I have read through this entire thread and it is a roller coaster! Here is a link to a low mileage RS in Austin TX. I know it is not local for you, or the color you like, but it is clean and has 3/36 left. Give them a call and see what you can work out with them, you never know until you attempt to get the ball rolling. As Yoda once said: "Do or do not, there is no try."

Here is the link Used Ford Focus RS for Sale in Austin, TX - CarGurus

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This thread brings out so many new gems the longer it stays afloat....#nextleveltrolling

·
Registered
919 Posts
I am on old time member of this forum who has been gone for some time, i sold my 13 OW ST years ago and recently picked up another (18 OW) because it was such a great car and i have regretted selling my original ST. I have read through this entire thread and it is a roller coaster! Here is a link to a low mileage RS in Austin TX. I know it is not local for you, or the color you like, but it is clean and has 3/36 left. Give them a call and see what you can work out with them, you never know until you attempt to get the ball rolling. As Yoda once said: "Do or do not, there is no try."

Sorry- probably the #2 requirement (cost being #1) is that there can't be any substantial effort involved in acquiring a perfect car. Thanks for playing, though.

Congrats on your new ST, and welcome back!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I can commiserate with the OP on his last comment, though. Not the fact that he traded in his car and has to walk everywhere because he's too cheap to buy the car he wants, but because I think most of us have gone somewhere only to realize that you left your mask behind.

·
Registered
480 Posts

Really kind of you to try to help. However, OP is now limited to cars within walking distance due to poor life choices. The good news is he is within walking distance of a Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
126 Posts
Poker, have you considered moving so that you live within walking distance of a Ford dealer? That might make it easier to shop for a future used ST. Granted, any dealer could get a used ST, but you're more likely to find one at a Ford dealer. Might make it worth considering a move.

1101 - 1120 of 2801 Posts