Ford Focus ST Forum banner

481 - 500 of 2993 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Serious...I am anywhere in between Sacramento and San Diego every weekend. I just happen to be in Burbank this whole week...bring it on

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
OP I hope you buy something or else this is gonna be all blue balls for nothing.

I get what your saying, you want as close to a new car experience as you can still get at a good price. You don’t want something someone messed with because it’s been “molested” and now it’s “not clean” anymore and then you never know what could have happened to it.

I think once you surrender your focus you’ll have a different opinion, because then you’ll need a car more than you do now.

Would you say that is a good guess of what’s going on? This is a modding community and this is a heavily modded car, so the desire for a clean car is lost on a lot of people here. This isn’t the type of car that people keep stock, many people see this as a good modding platform specifically because there’s nothing special about it. It’s just a Ford Focus so let’s mod the **** out of it! You don’t have to feel like you’re destroying something.

If this was like a classic car, or like a C8 you might find more people with your mindset of “don’t ruin it”.

I really think you should just forgo the warranty and light mod requirements. You’ll be VERY happy with the car and I’m convinced you’ll wonder why you were so worried anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,861 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Focus ST1
278 Posts
@PokerRun388 just said it would be a waste of someones time 😂😂 this is just getting Twilight Zone weird. It’s like we’re dealing with multiple personalities. You can’t drive a stick! We already know that. You’re not able to afford either car! We already know that. What the underlying issue is, you don’t know that. Just end it all and admit you’re wasting everyone’s time, because you have no grip on reality.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
How can you complain about prices when you are getting something like $15k for your current car as part of the settlement? I hope you buy an RS.

I think you’ll be shocked at the amount I was offered for the repurchase, however I really don’t wanna talk about it until tomorrow afternoon when I get my check & sign off on the title. It’s been over 6 months of waiting & I’m kind of nervous about tomorrow, however the car is all waxed up, cleaned out & ready to go. I’m pretty meticulous anyways with my cars, over the years, but I wanted to spend a few extra hours yesterday cleaning every little piece of it & making a point when I surrender it. Not all 2013 Focus commuters are parked outside & beat up on. My car has only 47k miles & is in amazing condition inside/outside & under the hood, for what it is.....

To be continued..........

·
Registered
63 Posts
We can all appreciate that part. You should take good care of your car no matter what. I wouldn’t have spent my timing waxing a car getting bought back because the transmission sucks, but to each their own. I likely would have used that time to actually buy my replacement or at least test drive some haha.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
We can all appreciate that part. You should take good care of your car no matter what. I wouldn’t have spent my timing waxing a car getting bought back because the transmission sucks, but to each their own. I likely would have used that time to actually buy my replacement or at least test drive some haha.

I hear you lol.

There have been plenty of times, over the last few weeks, that I’ve wanted to buy a particular car or two, but I just didn’t do anything until this was done + I didn’t wanna have to park one car on the street & risk it getting hit or vandalized. Tomorrow’s the day & then I took a few vac days to find a new vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2018 Focus ST1
278 Posts
I hear you lol.

There have been plenty of times, over the last few weeks, that I’ve wanted to buy a particular car or two, but I just didn’t do anything until this was done + I didn’t wanna have to park one car on the street & risk it getting hit or vandalized. Tomorrow’s the day & then I took a few vac days to find a new vehicle.

If you get a RS or ST I will find you and kick you in the dick. Then we can go on a canyon run and be friends.

·
Administrator
10,373 Posts
If you get a RS or ST I will find you and kick you in the dick. Then we can go on a canyon run and be friends.
"After the pain subsided, a beautiful friendship was born..."

·
2,089 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,861 Posts

Story of my life!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Guys, I figured out how Pokerrun can get the car of his dreams.

1. Turn titanium focus into time machine
2. Time travel to 2018
3. Go to dealership that has a 10k mile White RS2
4. Haggle them down to 30k out the door
5. Complain about getting 20mpg average

Seriously, just buy a car. The prices aren't gonna go down, buying on a dealership isnt as good as buying from a true enthusiast (shameless plug about my ST still for sale that's been super up to date on all maintenance and has swaggy Nt03s), and the RS will always be worth more than 30k unless it's high mileage. Also, more than 36k isn't high mileage, change my mind.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #500

2016 = no 3/36 left + it has too many miles & probably multiple owners. I also need to have the factory black wheels. Also, I learned that Ford revised the dampers in 04/17 so the later 2017s have a better ride.

481 - 500 of 2993 Posts