Ford Focus ST Forum banner

441 - 460 of 1102 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Post the buyback check with your name blocked off!!!

Reactions: TurboGT

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,162 Posts
Bahaha I wonder how many of us from the RS forum are here just for some popcorn

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Yeah, everyone from the RS forum sound off and let us know you you are...

LMAO! 🤣

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
154 Posts
10/10 Trolling! Quite skilled too, never pushes it too far and avoids the elephant in the room everytime he posts 👌

·
Premium Member
2018 Focus ST1
219 Posts
It’s just frustrating when guys change the shift knob, or lower the car or put an aftermarket intake, loud exhaust etc. on the cars & then decide to sell them, when 99% of potential buyers, like me, don’t want any of that, because we want to just keep it stock & have that 3/36 not jeopardized by mods.

I see you don’t know **** about cars. A shift knob twist on and off. Are you ****ting me with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
I don trust private party sales, sorry. I’ve seen too many horror stories where they don’t take the car out of their name, or most don’t have the title etc.

I’d rather just buy a late build 2017 or 2018 from a Ford Dealer that’s still under a 3/36. That way I’m cover in the case of a small oil leak etc.

Stop. This is a waste of time.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Dude I’m gonna level with you you’re not gonna get this car.

You have too many criteria, you won’t buy private party? That’s like most used car sales.

You won’t buy a car because of a shift knob?! Just buy it an switch it back!

These are performance cars & I’d rather just buy one from a Ford Dealer to have a piece of mind that the right oil was used, brakes are good, no engine oil leaks, Trans is good, the right gas was used etc.

As far as me not getting this car? Well, I have to get something, because Monday afternoon I have an appointment at Ford to surrender my car & get my lemon law check, I took a few extra vac days to sort through my options & I’m also aware that I might have to drive a few hundred miles to find the right car.

I’ve said this a million times.... 2018 ST1’s were 20k new in 2018 & now they’re 23k used in 2020. That bugs the hell out of me... don’t even get me started on RS prices.

Will I be happy with a Corolla or Civic? Honestly, no I won’t, however it’s a smarter financial decision.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
These are performance cars & I’d rather just buy one from a Ford Dealer to have a piece of mind that the right oil was used, brakes are good, no engine oil leaks, Trans is good, the right gas was used etc.

As far as me not getting this car? Well, I have to get something, because Monday afternoon I have an appointment at Ford to surrender my car & get my lemon law check, I took a few extra vac days to sort through my options & I’m also aware that I might have to drive a few hundred miles to find the right car.

I’ve said this a million times.... 2018 ST1’s were 20k new in 2018 & now they’re 23k used in 2020. That bugs the hell out of me... don’t even get me started on RS prices.

Will I be happy with a Corolla or Civic? Honestly, no I won’t, however it’s a smarter financial decision.

It’s too late for that, at this point it is what it is.

It’s a “performance commuter” it’s still a focus, it’s not a Ferrari or something.

You can’t guarantee that if you buy from a dealer it’s been treated right either. How do you know the previous owner took care of it? Just because it’s being sold by a dealer doesn’t mean the previous owner took care of it.

You have to explain the shift knob thing that makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
It’s too late for that, at this point it is what it is.

It’s a “performance commuter” it’s still a focus, it’s not a Ferrari or something.

You can’t guarantee that if you buy from a dealer it’s been treated right either. How do you know the previous owner took care of it? Just because it’s being sold by a dealer doesn’t mean the previous owner took care of it.

You have to explain the shift knob thing that makes no sense at all.

I just didn’t like the fact that the guy changed the shift knob & I hate how the aftermarket one looks. I also hate aftermarket exhaust & intakes. I don’t want the car to be loud because I live in a condo & everyone can see & hear everything.

I just get frustrated when guys do all of these modifications & then decide to trade the car in. Why couldn’t they just leave it alone? Now they just eliminated 99% of us that want a 100% stock car under warranty.

So many multiple owner ST/RS’s, accidents reported, damage reported etc etc. So darn frustrating......

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
I just didn’t like the fact that the guy changed the shift knob & I hate how the aftermarket one looks. I also hate aftermarket exhaust & intakes. I don’t want the car to be loud because I live in a condo & everyone can see & hear everything.

I just get frustrated when guys do all of these modifications & then decide to trade the car in. Why couldn’t they just leave it alone? Now they just eliminated 99% of us that want a 100% stock car under warranty.

So many multiple owner ST/RS’s, accidents reported, damage reported etc etc. So darn frustrating......

But it’s ONLY a shift knob odds are they even have the stock one still, hell if it’s from a Ford dealer just tell them you want the stock one they can put it on for you.

“I’ll buy it but I want the stock shift knob” they’ll do it

That’s a reversible mod, if that car is otherwise perfect what’s stopping you from getting it?

You also didn’t answer the question about service history, buying used from a dealer doesn’t guarantee that the car has been serviced well.

I can put peanut butter in the crankcase flush it out and then trade it in and the dealer will be none the wiser.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
But it’s ONLY a shift knob odds are they even have the stock one still, hell if it’s from a Ford dealer just tell them you want the stock one they can put it on for you.

“I’ll buy it but I want the stock shift knob” they’ll do it

That’s a reversible mod, if that car is otherwise perfect what’s stopping you from getting it?

You also didn’t answer the question about service history, buying used from a dealer doesn’t guarantee that the car has been serviced well.

I can put peanut butter in the crankcase flush it out and then trade it in and the dealer will be none the wiser.

Honestly, because I want my current car gone first. Anything could go wrong, so I want to make sure I’ve gotten my check & signed off on the title, before I go out & buy another car. It’s only two more days & I might as well just wait for now.

When I started on focusfanatics, it was years ago & I didn’t even know about a class action vs. Ford & the DCT. So my intentions were to trade it in, however after I received notification of the class action, I decided to wait it out & see if my car qualified under CA lemon law.

Well, 3yrs later, here I am & thankful that I didn’t trade it in because a 2013 Focus DCT has zero retail value & I would’ve taken a huge loss.

So with the amount I’m getting back, I can either nearly break even on an ST or spend the extra cash for an RS.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
Here’s my issue with ST prices.

Ken Grody Ford has a 2018 ST1 w/ 27k miles & they want $22k. Common, seriously?

A few more locally have 20k+ miles & they want $20k+.

I feel those are $18-19k cars with that high mileage.... CA. cars always have high mileage....

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Here’s my issue with ST prices.

Ken Grody Ford has a 2018 ST1 w/ 27k miles & they want $22k. Common, seriously?

A few more locally have 20k+ miles & they want $20k+.

I feel those are $18-19k cars with that high mileage.... CA. cars always have high mileage....

Maybe the mileage is so high to try to drive away from indecisiveness and ignorance.......
ST's are the price they are and no amount of whining will change that.
As far as trade in goes, I could absolutely beat the crap out of my car and sell it to our local Ford dealer and they would have no trouble selling it to someone locally that'll pony up and pay.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Honestly, because I want my current car gone first. Anything could go wrong, so I want to make sure I’ve gotten my check & signed off on the title, before I go out & buy another car. It’s only two more days & I might as well just wait for now.

When I started on focusfanatics, it was years ago & I didn’t even know about a class action vs. Ford & the DCT. So my intentions were to trade it in, however after I received notification of the class action, I decided to wait it out & see if my car qualified under CA lemon law.

Well, 3yrs later, here I am & thankful that I didn’t trade it in because a 2013 Focus DCT has zero retail value & I would’ve taken a huge loss.

So with the amount I’m getting back, I can either nearly break even on an ST or spend the extra cash for an RS.

This is the first thing I’ve heard you say that makes sense. You’re waiting for the check from Ford.

That’s a good reason.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Your feelings have no affect on reality. Can you drive a manual?

Anyone can drive a manual, sir. One has to want to drive a manual..... it’s funny how manual drivers feel as thought they’re superior or something?

But to answer your question, my first vehicle was a ‘94 Chevy S-10, cyl. 5spd.

Does that work for you? I’ve already test drive an RS twice & had no issues. It’s like riding a bike, meaning once you learn you’ll never really forget.

Can I buy a manual now? UNREAL

441 - 460 of 1102 Posts