Ford Focus ST Forum banner

401 - 420 of 1102 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Pokey, Have you thought of buying from a private party and then take some of the savings on price and buying a hellacious extended warranty?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Pokey, Have you thought of buying from a private party and then take some of the savings on price and buying a hellacious extended warranty?

I don trust private party sales, sorry. I’ve seen too many horror stories where they don’t take the car out of their name, or most don’t have the title etc.

I’d rather just buy a late build 2017 or 2018 from a Ford Dealer that’s still under a 3/36. That way I’m cover in the case of a small oil leak etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don trust private party sales, sorry. I’ve seen too many horror stories where they don’t take the car out of their name, or most don’t have the title etc.

I’d rather just buy a late build 2017 or 2018 from a Ford Dealer that’s still under a 3/36. That way I’m cover in the case of a small oil leak etc.

So you're well aware you are automatically paying a mark up for the "security" of buying from a dealer, but you don't want to pay their prices? Maybe you can search for a non-profit car dealership. Let us know how it goes.
Also, when you buy from a private party, have them meet you at your bank and have the title notarized as the money changes hands. But don't let my logic get in the way of you not buying a car.

·
Registered
850 Posts

If I ever buy, it will be a build 2017 or 2018 from a Ford Dealer that’s still under a 3/36. That way I’m covered in the case of a small oil leak etc for something that I won't buy anyway.

Fixed.

Reactions: Skykri and dan's st

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'd list to see someone notarise all the perimeters listed so far of his requirements for buying aforementioned vehicle.... Just for ****s and giggles 🙃
I did that already. Look at post 321. I think this is all just a joke, and not a serious inquiry, or he's a naïve kid and doesn't want to know any better, despite all of the solid advice given in these forums and others. He says he's "cheap" but seems incredulous that a specific, rare, somewhat premium thing- with every option, that's no longer being manufactured, isn't making itself known to him or somehow delivered to his doorstep- for less than the going rate. It may be fun trying to "help" someone, but nothing you write matters since it's impossible to reason with someone who arrived at their stated position without the use of reason to begin with.

·
Premium Member
2018 Focus ST1
219 Posts
What do you think? Should I wipe my ass front to back or back to front? You know what never mind I’m never going to wipe my ass it’s just too uncomfortable and I can’t bare the thought of soft cotton on my bare anus. Guess I’ll just stay on the toilet forever waiting for it to clean itself. - This is what the thread has been for @PokerRun388 you have caviar taste on a dollar menu budget. Go get a Geo metro my dude.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
There is a ‘17 FW RS listed 50 miles away, private party, but the 3/36 is expired & the guy changed the shift knob. I hate those aftermarket shift knobs, why couldn’t the guy just put the stock one back on? I don’t want to spend 37k & then have to figure out how to change the shift knob & screw something up.....

I swear it’s always something.... At this point my car is being surrendered to Ford on Monday & they already have my check ready....

I could save myself 13k if I just buy an ST, but for some reason I can’t get the RS out of my mind... hints why I’m posting at 2am.

So, as of Monday at 1:30pm, I’ll be w/o a car, assuming everything goes well....

Ugh

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
I think I’m screwed either way......

Meaning, if I buy an RS & I’ll complain about how it was $38k & gets low mpg’s.

If I buy an ST I’ll still lust over the RS.

If I buy a Toyota XSE Hatchback I’ll always tell myself I wanted an ST & RS.

Honestly, this is an absolute train wreck....

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a ‘17 FW RS listed 50 miles away, private party, but the 3/36 is expired & the guy changed the shift knob. I hate those aftermarket shift knobs, why couldn’t the guy just put the stock one back on? I don’t want to spend 37k & then have to figure out how to change the shift knob & screw something up.....

Ugh

I'm from the RS forum and I had to sign up here after this pure gold statement. He wont buy a car because of an aftermarket shift knob. Its a shift knob. 🤣😂 The only knob is you. What could you possibly screw up changing out a shift knob?

I cant 🤣

There has to be something mentally wrong with this guy. Dude you may qualify for a handicap parking permit, that way you wont have to worry about getting door dings while you are out getting groceries🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
390 Posts
The shift knobs screw on to a threaded shaft. It's pretty tricky to mess with and if you screw it up, the car will be rendered a total loss for sure and you can't claim it under insurance, not a covered peril. So then you're back to not having a car, which would ultimately lead to job loss and with no transportation, you can't get groceries. Well, you could have groceries delivered but please don't trust that, they will pick out garbage produce and screw up your order. They'd find you starved to death, holed up in your house and there you'd be: dead because of a shift knob.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
It’s just frustrating when guys change the shift knob, or lower the car or put an aftermarket intake, loud exhaust etc. on the cars & then decide to sell them, when 99% of potential buyers, like me, don’t want any of that, because we want to just keep it stock & have that 3/36 not jeopardized by mods.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Also, just an FYI.....

But I took some vacation days to get my buyback completed & to find a new car, so I’ll be posting on here a lot more, next week & on other topics as well....

I hope I don’t get banned if I leave this bubble & reply on other topics.

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Also, just an FYI.....

But I took some vacation days to get my buyback completed & to find a new car, so I’ll be posting on here a lot more, next week & on other topics as well....

I hope I don’t get banned if I leave this bubble & reply on other topics.

I'm coming out of my self imposed exile from this thread to assure you, if you come out of your cave you will be banned.

·
1,571 Posts
Okay. I was on the fence if you were serious or not until the shift knob comment. That was dripping with sarcasm.

Buy a car and join the club, or stick to your boating hobby and quit screwing with everybody here.

401 - 420 of 1102 Posts