Ford Focus ST Forum banner
3661 - 3680 of 3695 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
I'm pretty sure that mrbike27 is a relative of Pokey's.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,605 Posts
I did a short commute 1-2 mi in college days on a cheap hi-tensile frame mtn bike so I wouldn't care if something happened to it parked on campus. I put junky fenders and bad homemade luggage rack on it, for usefulness and to make it less attractive 😁

Saved the better CrMo Trek for the trails.

It would suck to ride a cheap bike 5 mi each way every day.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,605 Posts
Forget an ST, RS, boat or Huffy.

Maybe this would work? 🍻

·
Registered
706 Posts
Speaking of huffy bikes. Buddy of mine had an old banana seat, yellow huffy. Drilled the frame, installed a tube and a bowl head. So he could spark up while riding. Smoke through the frame.

Thus, the "Puffy" was born! Lmfao

ST nation's only active accounts are spam and scams, lol.

That place is is a ****hole.
I, Sir, would like to subscribe to your Instructables account....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Huh. Ultra_21 just PM'd me to tell me that he bought a pretty nice 2017 RS from his local CarMax. Apparently another person asked for it to be transferred there, and after criticizing the car and demanding a 25% discount- they asked him to leave, and he just walked away, mumbling some nonsense to himself that they said sounded like "wormmeal... wormmeal". Apparently he literally walked off the lot into the distance. Ultra says that the sales guys think it's one of those hidden camera shows or something...

He's pretty stoked about the car, though. Black with black wheels, with low miles, and only 2 previous owners. He mentioned that there was a minor incident reported on the Carfax, but the car looked fine, other than the hood being slightly out of alignment, and drove great. He told me that he had the hood aligned by a body shop for $100, and there was some discoloration on one of the headlights which worried him initially- but it turned out to be dried wax. He swapped out the front brake pads (which were a little worn) for another $100 or so. He's meticulous with his cars, so he already washed, used the clay bar, rewashed, then compounded the car, and he's going to ceramic coat it tomorrow. He couldn't be happier. The car had an ask of just shy of $40k but he offered $36k and they countered at $37k and the deal was done. Not bad for a modern-day collectible that you can actually drive. I mean, these cars are really holding their value- so Ultra knew he had to move quick if he wanted one of these special machines.

While driving to the store- Ultra even met this beautiful woman, who was captivated by the amazing looks of the car, so aside from bringing him joy and pride of ownership- it's even netted him a date!

Man- I feel bad for that other guy...

Congrats Ultra!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Friggin' WIN!!!

...Wait, is it the same....

...NVM, it was a joke about a best case scenario... Good on-Ya Ultra! =-D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh no, I can't bother to keep up with that man... LOL. By the time I figure out what happened a week after it happened on here, I'm good for awhile with the Pokey threads.

I probably have an old account there. I opened a general Focus forum account around 2016, but it's been so long...

Add something to the thread:

May Huffy Girl come back his way one day... I'd hate for the 1 and only Pokey to not experience how unfair life is when you're not setting 'market value', ROFL!!

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,972 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This was posted by the title individual a few days ago over at Focus Fanatics:

The only comment that followed was a member that opined that the above is probably as much proof as anyone needs to declare this guy is really just trolling anyone who will bother to read and comment on anything he writes. I have to say that I went back and forth on whether this was A) a stupid person, B) a disabled person or C) a deceitful person, but if I could only select one of those- I'd say "C) Deceitful person, final answer". The truth usually isn't black or white, so in truth- it's likely a combination of all three, if not all three. I think this pretty much convinces me that Poker is one of the most dedicated trolls around. I'm not sure why anyone would want to waste their time and energy on wasting the finite time, patience and resources offered on these forums, but I think this puts this to bed for me.

Initially I was second guessing the mods who shut this down, because I still genuinely felt sorry for this guy (who I previously thought was disabled) but now I am convinced that he's actively interested in ruining forums. I now understand that they saw this long before I did, and took the appropriate action. I hadn't taken him seriously for awhile now (I don't think there are any contributors left that do) but it's not nearly as fun commenting, following or posting when you realize that it's all a ruse, and that it's just someone trying to waste people's time, (some of those people had intentions of helping someone they saw as being in need.)

·
Administrator
12,662 Posts
This was posted by the title individual a few days ago over at Focus Fanatics:

View attachment 394852

The only comment that followed was a member that opined that the above is probably as much proof as anyone needs to declare this guy is really just trolling anyone who will bother to read and comment on anything he writes. I have to say that I went back and forth on whether this was A) a stupid person, B) a disabled person or C) a deceitful person, but if I could only select one of those- I'd say "C) Deceitful person, final answer". The truth usually isn't black or white, so in truth- it's likely a combination of all three, if not all three. I think this pretty much convinces me that Poker is one of the most dedicated trolls around. I'm not sure why anyone would want to waste their time and energy on wasting the finite time, patience and resources offered on these forums, but I think this puts this to bed for me.

Initially I was second guessing the mods who shut this down, because I still genuinely felt sorry for this guy (who I previously thought was disabled) but now I am convinced that he's actively interested in ruining forums. I now understand that they saw this long before I did, and took the appropriate action. I hadn't taken him seriously for awhile now (I don't think there are any contributors left that do) but it's not nearly as fun commenting, following or posting when you realize that it's all a ruse, and that it's just someone trying to waste people's time, (some of those people had intentions of helping someone they saw as being in need.)

Yep. Lol

Reactions: junits15
3661 - 3680 of 3695 Posts