Ford Focus ST Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3126 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
@ddfred @Duece McCracken @SSgtjrobertson

Much funs can be had!
Pokey, I'd suggest laying back on the RS purchasing posts if you wish to stay......
Welcome back though I guess?

There is no quarter for any Pokes here. -DMC

Reactions: Poker_ST

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Reactions: Skykri

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Awwww. I just got back from making drinks.....
Lol

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,547 Posts
Oh Pokey, Pokey, Pokey...
Didn't you learn anything from the attempted round 2 on the RS forum...

Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Yes, my thoughts exactly. They have that crazy yaris in production, i hope they do it to the rolla hatch and bring it to USDM.
Car and driver has articles on this actually, it’s expected we will get a GR Corolla with the GR Yaris 3cyl turbo motor.

The question remains as to weather it will be AWD or not.

We will be getting something, gurenteed though and it looks like it could be AWD since they specifically mention the AWD system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Interesting. Well- at least it was a reasonable question. Since he is monitoring this thread- my advice is to USE that glorious Ford warranty that was so very important to you when searching for a Focus ST / RS for seven years. Take the car to your friendly, local Ford dealership and let them diagnose the issue- while you Uber yourself to and from work for a week, only for them to NOT find a problem, then they charge you for diagnostic time and add curb scrapes to your nearly perfect wheels.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That's the reality of the warranty that you have, Pokey. I bought my car new (5 miles) and my warranty is about to expire in a few months, and I've never been back to the dealership- primarily because I do NOT want these guys driving my car. My experience, unfortunately, has been that every car is treated like a rental car at every dealership I have ever been to (BMW, Acura, Honda and Subaru), and has been one of the motivating factors behind learning how to do basic maintenance (oil, brakes, plugs, coolant, trans fluid, shocks/struts etc.) . I've never taken my Focus ST to a dealership, since I expect the same level of care I've seen at every other make's dealership- which unfortunately in my experience has been low.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
926 Posts
Well, he was here for a moment, and then gone again... I did get to see the pics of the car last night, though, and FWIW, that's the color I wanted to get (magnetic). The light blue metallic has grown on me and I get compliments on it from time to time, but the magnetic was my first choice.

Regarding the issues you had, I agree with @Mzdrati... take it to the dealer and let them figure it out IF you really think something is wrong which needs to be fixed. However, if it's just an annoyance/nothing really wrong, then expect a diagnostics fee in the $150 or so range and your car to be beat on by the "techs" there as they enjoy a hot hatch for a couple days while they 'diagnose the problem" only to find nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Interesting. Well- at least it was a reasonable question. Since he is monitoring this thread- my advice is to USE that glorious Ford warranty that was so very important to you when searching for a Focus ST / RS for seven years. Take the car to your friendly, local Ford dealership and let them diagnose the issue- while you Uber yourself to and from work for a week, only for them to NOT find a problem, then they charge you for diagnostic time and add curb scrapes to your nearly perfect wheels.
it's not a reasonable question, that's a troll and should be fed a bag of dildos laced with poison ivy

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well- compared to his other posts- this one was an actual question about HIS Focus ST and how it works. Previously they were all about which color is better and why there are so many modded ST's, and how everyone is a fool for financing a car through a dealership.

·
Super Moderator
8,547 Posts
Well- compared to his other posts- this one was an actual question about HIS Focus ST and how it works. Previously they were all about which color is better and why there are so many modded ST's, and how everyone is a fool for financing a car through a dealership.
Questions like these:

Is it normal for the ST to sometimes act like it wants to stall when it’s idling in neutral?

Also, when shifting under an acceleration pull, when the RPMs sometimes rev a little bit?

One last thing, would a max summer tire, such as the OEM F1’s or Extreme Contacts help with grip & keep the car from wanting to go sideways vs. a cheap a/s tire?

Are the same old Pokey nonsense questions that have been answered a hundred times; he's just lonely with no one left to annoy but himself...

3081 - 3100 of 3126 Posts