Ford Focus ST Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2791 Posts

·
1,733 Posts
Yeah man, it's not a STi
My buddy just bought a 2020 tundra. Its 100% the exact same truck as the 2008 tundra he traded in. I tried to get him to buy a new 5.0 f150.

Then he was talking about his wife getting a TRD camry. I looked up the specs, 290hp v6. Honda did that in their Accord/ acura TL 15 or 16 years ago. Yawn.

Definitely be looking up this turbo 3 though. Sounds Spicey.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Now the real question is, will it actually make it stateside with the advertised boosted 3, or will it be some watered down shopping cart with one of the 50 hp or whatever stupid thing comes in the current Corolla or equivalent turdlet?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,161 Posts
My buddy just bought a 2020 tundra. Its 100% the exact same truck as the 2008 tundra he traded in. I tried to get him to buy a new 5.0 f150.

Then he was talking about his wife getting a TRD camry. I looked up the specs, 290hp v6. Honda did that in their Accord/ acura TL 15 or 16 years ago. Yawn.

Definitely be looking up this turbo 3 though. Sounds Spicey.
The TRD Camry is a big joke too. No torque at all to move that 300hp and it handles terribly. First car I ever "raced" since getting my Fusion Sport was one of those...and it genuinely looks really sharp and sporty but it was embarrassing. He wasn't even close

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
The TRD Camry is a big joke too. No torque at all to move that 300hp and it handles terribly. First car I ever "raced" since getting my Fusion Sport was one of those...and it genuinely looks really sharp and sporty but it was embarrassing. He wasn't even close

kid at work with a stock genesis 3.8 auto wants a piece of the edge. Little does he know the Edge runs a .3 ish slower 1/4 than him stock. Let alone where I'm at now, Edge should run low 13's, may break into 12's.

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
Oh, and this is comparing cars on drag times, and C&D.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,161 Posts
kid at work with a stock genesis 3.8 auto wants a piece of the edge. Little does he know the Edge runs a .3 ish slower 1/4 than him stock. Let alone where I'm at now, Edge should run low 13's, may break into 12's.
Now that, that will be priceless. I feel Genesis owners are some of the cockiest car owners I've encountered. I would love to watch your SUV stomp his little sports car

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
Now that, that will be priceless. I feel Genesis owners are some of the cockiest car owners I've encountered. I would love to watch your SUV stomp his little sports car
Yeah, I started talking to him a bit and he started to get the picture. I can't weight to slap on the new tires and rims, those weight savings!!!

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,161 Posts
Yeah, I started talking to him a bit and he started to get the picture. I can't weight to slap on the new tires and rims, those weight savings!!!
Yeah I still can't get over how much you're saving with those wheels. If the 1lb rotational = 4lbs unsprung holds true you are saving a HUGE amount instantly. May as well be another bolt on mod lmao

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
Yeah I still can't get over how much you're saving with those wheels. If the 1lb rotational = 4lbs unsprung holds true you are saving a HUGE amount instantly. May as well be another bolt on mod lmao
Well, took quite a bit of research to find those rims. Im going to get a scale and get the real data. Seems like much more weight savings than Snowflakes to Gramlights on the focus, and that was super noticeable

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,161 Posts
Well, took quite a bit of research to find those rims. Im going to get a scale and get the real data. Seems like much more weight savings than Snowflakes to Gramlights on the focus, and that was super noticeable
With our bolt pattern I'm impressed you found some that light at that size. It's hard enough finding wheels for the ST let alone those thicc boys

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
With our bolt pattern I'm impressed you found some that light at that size. It's hard enough finding wheels for the ST let alone those thicc boys

Exactly. I was hoping the RS would spark more companies to make **** in our bolt pattern, but it really didn't lol.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
752 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Exactly. I was hoping the RS would spark more companies to make **** in our bolt pattern, but it really didn't lol.
I mean they do make stuff, unfortunately it isn't in the mindset of us that want to run meaty rubber (245's are not meaty btw, there I said it.)

Reactions: Theguynamedguy

·
1,733 Posts
I mean they do make stuff, unfortunately it isn't in the mindset of us that want to run meaty rubber (245's are not meaty btw, there I said it.)
You know what, im about to say it. I don't care that you broke your elbow.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
^^meaty as f17Ck!!!

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·