Ford Focus ST Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2972 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Yeah, I noticed..... what's up with that? Ruining the fun.

·
Administrator
10,287 Posts
they dont tolerate bs like the mods here lmao
Don't get the wrong idea, I just had a feeling we could have a **** ton of fun with this.

This was a very special case, that's likely not to repeat.

So yeah, we dont accept this kind of riff raff unless we are controlling the riff raff, lmfao

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,823 Posts
I almost fell out of my office chair after seeing the scarlet B next to ol'pokey's name...

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST
63 Posts

I wont lie, I'm kinda bummed this happened. I haven't seen such a spicy thread in years outside of the cobalt groups on faceballs.

Serious question tho, are we going to keep the nonsense going here or what? This was how I entertained myself at work.

·
Administrator
10,287 Posts
View attachment 385241
I wont lie, I'm kinda bummed this happened. I haven't seen such a spicy thread in years outside of the cobalt groups on faceballs.

Serious question tho, are we going to keep the nonsense going here or what? This was how I entertained myself at work.
Oh **** yeah we will. This is the party on top of a grave.

Start making "WWPD" bracelets.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Huh... So Poker can still read this thread, he just can't reply to it?? If that's the case- I wanted to leave him with a final thought since I'm not interested in following him to his other haunts:

You have a strange demeanor in these forums. Maybe in person you are more recognizable as a fellow enthusiast, but in forums you do not respond predictably or reliably, and that sets people off who have the intention of sharing their hard-fought acquired knowledge and expertise and try to help you. I'm guessing a lot of what you wrote was done so in fun, and maybe some of that was taken the wrong way- but that's because you had created a situation for yourself over a long period of time where you repeatedly asked questions that were unanswerable, or asked for advice, and then never / seldom responded to that advice, and in fact stated that those more experienced / knowledgeable folks were wrong, and you intended to do what you were being advised against anyway. That's totally fine- but there were a lot of people who offered to personally assist you (offered you rides, meet-ups, and even to buy you lunch) and you did not respond to those offers, or you dismissed those offers as not worth your time. That's insulting, in case you do not see it, because a stranger was recognizing your apparent state, and was reaching out to you, to spend their own time and money to take a chance that you were not a psychopath, but a fellow enthusiast that they could help, and maybe even befriend. Those offers were met with silence, or the equivalent of "nah- it's too far or too much trouble". You have nobody to blame but yourself, and any ideas to the contrary are just self-serving fabrications.

Really and truly- consider talking to a professional. I'm not perfect, and could likely use the same advice- but the first step is acknowledging that there may be a problem, and I think you need to consider that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe un ban him For one day at a time for forum members entertainment lol. He of course can’t keep spouting off about how he is so much smarter and richer than the rest of us commoners though. I guess that somehow crossed the line lol

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Huh... So Poker can still read this thread, he just can't reply to it?? If that's the case- I wanted to leave him with a final thought since I'm not interested in following him to his other haunts:

You have a strange demeanor in these forums. Maybe in person you are more recognizable as a fellow enthusiast, but in forums you do not respond predictably or reliably, and that sets people off who have the intention of sharing their hard-fought acquired knowledge and expertise and try to help you. I'm guessing a lot of what you wrote was done so in fun, and maybe some of that was taken the wrong way- but that's because you had created a situation for yourself over a long period of time where you repeatedly asked questions that were unanswerable, or asked for advice, and then never / seldom responded to that advice, and in fact stated that those more experienced / knowledgeable folks were wrong, and you intended to do what you were being advised against anyway. That's totally fine- but there were a lot of people who offered to personally assist you (offered you rides, meet-ups, and even to buy you lunch) and you did not respond to those offers, or you dismissed those offers as not worth your time. That's insulting, in case you do not see it, because a stranger was recognizing your apparent state, and was reaching out to you, to spend their own time and money to take a chance that you were not a psychopath, but a fellow enthusiast that they could help, and maybe even befriend. Those offers were met with silence, or the equivalent of "nah- it's too far or too much trouble". You have nobody to blame but yourself, and any ideas to the contrary are just self-serving fabrications.

Really and truly- consider talking to a professional. I'm not perfect, and could likely use the same advice- but the first step is acknowledging that there may be a problem, and I think you need to consider that.
What you have described here, by my definition anyway, is a classic example of an internet troll. I'm pretty sure he lives under (or at least very near) a bridge.

·
Administrator
10,287 Posts
Maybe un ban him For one day at a time for forum members entertainment lol. He of course can’t keep spouting off about how he is so much smarter and richer than the rest of us commoners though. I guess that somehow crossed the line lol
Thats too much to manage. He was on borrowed time for a very long while, and he finally ran out.

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Now that Pokey is officially gone, I'm leaving this here again. Please divert your eyes at 2:40...

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What you have described here, by my definition anyway, is a classic example of an internet troll. I'm pretty sure he lives under (or at least very near) a bridge.
Understood. I am getting the picture that you are correct. Alternatively, I suspect he may be a "differently-abled" person, but a high-functioning one. If that is the case- it may not be apparent in text-form.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
WTF is gong on here??? I step a way for a few days and all hell breaks loose... Pokey? Pokey? where are you Pokey???? Say it aint so......the ban hammer has dropped???

2641 - 2660 of 2972 Posts