Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mental disorders are no laughing matter, except for this ridiculous thread.

194K views 4K replies 72 participants last post by  Duece McCracken 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the front end ground clearance difference is between a Focus ST & Focus RS? Will either car scrape rolling over a speed bump or steep driveway? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
rut ro, i jump them!

#4 ·
2 years 192 days, 16 hours 37 min & 19 seconds to be exact calculating from his 1st post on FocusFanatics!!

#5 ·
Yeah, and the RS forum banned him for this stuff iirc.

Which is why he has increased presence here now.

**** or get off the pot please. It's just a car. Sell it if you don't like it. Mod it if it's too low. This decision should not take this many questions or time to decide. The cars are old, and no longer made. They have years of data behind them and an established aftermarket. It's all out there. Just pull the trigger, or get something else.

Like those sweet newer corolla hatches, with the spoiler. In that cool blue. If they made a performance model, I'd be all over it.

#6 ·
I’m not trying to get myself banned or cause drama, I was genuinely interested on the ground clearance difference on the ST. The RS appears to sit a little lower but I’m here to learn from you guys.

I was asking about the reliability a few weeks ago on the ‘18 ST & for some reason that thread got locked. I guess no one likes me on here either.....

#7 ·
That thread was BS, thats a search not a new topic. We have Tons of reliability threads. I locked it because we dont need another one.

I just want to see you be decisive.

Would be nice to get a stock ride height number, but sagging suspensions and all. You are stuck buying used, so theres going to be variances between them beyond stock. Then tire height, aftermarket parts. You need that number from a car you are buying.

In general, the ST has decent ground clearance. Never had issues on speed bumps or humps, just steep driveways.

#8 ·
I've driven a saab 9-3 viggen and the front ends from factory are extremely low, its very hard to find one without a destroyed front lower air dam. My point being, I have never even scraped my STs bumper, but I am stock ride height. I would say from a stock suspension stand point, there are grand touring sedans just as low lol.

Reactions: dan's st
#9 ·
Here ya go:

#10 · (Edited)
I get your guys sentiment, and I haven't been around long enough to 'know', but ganging up on someone for shared mentality online, is lame.

Also, that dude is on PCP if he thinks hes getting 38,500 for his stock 21k mile RS that he's openly autocrossed, with 'normal driving' wear.

38,500 thats like creampuff status. There was an RS on Ebay, maybe still is, that had literallllly EVERY Mountune mod, with a built mountune longblock. Wrapped, with nitrous blue underneath. 55k MOD List.

He only wanted 50k obo for it.... I just think if you're able to afford 39,000 I would be entertaining something more like.. the above for.. 10k more lol OR go the complete opposite way find yourself better value, OR atleast find a creampuff for 39k stock.... USED...

#11 ·
If you're worried about clearance just get one of these:

#13 ·
i would get an extended warranty on it.. clutch is still covered under the 3/36K

I would offer ~$34K

Those are $46K new

Reactions: NimbusST
#14 ·

28k obo 20,500mi and a jump start on light mods. has salvage title though..

32k obo 33k mi, clean title and has factory accessories (floor mats, cover, trunk ****)

#15 ·

27k 20,500 and a jump start on light mods.

It says rebuilt title & damage was to the right side.... definitely not for me.

#18 ·
Sounds like you're going to be dropping a lot on an RS. May I suggest modding an ST? hahaha

#19 ·
I love the ST’s but unfortunately I can’t find one of those locally either. Honestly though, I’m just not into mods or anything aftermarket. I feel like both cars are great out-of-the-box & I just want them to be reliable. I’m just wanting a sporty commuter & grocery getter. The ‘18 RR has grown on me & think I’d prefer that one over an NB.

Would you take an RR over an SB? What are your thoughts on owning a black RS? I think I’ll be miserable trying to keep it clean.

#21 · (Edited)
I was miserable initially trying to keep my black 2017 ST clean, then I A) got over it... It's a daily driver / commuter car, and it's going to get dirty and B) bought this Chemical Guys silicone spray:

It is incredible. The car resists dirt, (especially noticeable as bugs fall or wipe off), and the dust that used to coat the rear of the car (due to the aerodynamics of the shape) does not collect as easily.

PokerRun's posts do not bother me, but I do think he is torturing himself a bit. It's just a material object (and a relatively practical one, at that).

#26 ·
Im lowered on coilovers, my front bumper lip will occasionally scrape on stuff, im not too worried. At best this was a $30k car new, at present its a $15k used car. Its never going to be a concourse car, while i try to take the best care of it i can, im not losing sleep over the little things.

Buy a car, and drive it, this is not an investment piece that you need to worry about. Its made to be driven and enjoyed

#28 ·
Sucks you are on a losing battle. With 2018 being the last year, they just keep getting older and higher mileage. I guess just keep your eyes open and snag a "very good" one instead of hoping for a "perfect" one.

#29 ·
Import a 2020 under the radar and drive it Gangnam style!!

#32 ·
Black is boring, but keeps you outta the spotlight.

If you were going to drop the coin, just make sure the color excites you.

My TB gets filthy dirty. Race red is a pretty flat red color, so theres no pop or wow. Not sure how it does on dirt. I;m a hot pepper red guy.

#38 ·
Cars are not fun when you are worried about driving them and getting them dirty. That's the beauty of the ST: it's a cheap, reliable, practical, fun, manual trans, forced induction sporty version of an econobox. What can you buy in the same price range that is as much fun? There's a 15,000 mile 2017 Magnetic Grey ST3 at Star Mazda in Glendale CA...

#41 ·
All I know is that my ‘13 DCT is scheduled to be returned to Ford, under the buyback, on Oct 2nd & I’m stressed as of right now I don’t have a car for next week. I had no idea prices of the RS & ST would be this high in 2020. I have no idea what to buy.... my frustration level is at an all-time high. ST prices in SoCal are 25k & RS’s are 38k & most of them with no warranty left.

#48 ·
You keep saying local to you, where is you out of curiosity>

Reactions: rob99rt
#51 ·
$13K for the MM ST listed on the forum a few days ago was a good deal although higher miles than you want, still a good price.

#56 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.