Ford Focus ST Forum banner

421 - 440 of 505 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,080 Posts
I will personally give you free of charge a 100% brand spanking new OEM RS shift knob. I'll looking at it right here as I type this. Just buy the ****ing car!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Ok, since I’m concerned about MPGs, can someone honestly tell me: If my Titanium Focus got 28mpg on a 12 mile commute, what would the ST get? And the RS

Would the mpg numbers be close to the Titanium on the same drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,080 Posts
I guess the only way this nonsense finally comes to an end is to start passing out 1 day bans to other members that reply to these until the OP buys an actual ST or RS...

·
1,513 Posts
I guess the only way this nonsense finally comes to an end is to start passing out 1 day bans to other members that reply to these until the OP buys an actual ST or RS...
I'm convinced this is all retiree coffee shop banter at this point. He doesn't actually want the car, just wants to talk about it.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,080 Posts
@TurboGT Well I'm thinking 424 (now 425) posts and over 7K views is no longer a discussion, it's a senate hearing....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, since I’m concerned about MPGs, can someone honestly tell me: If my Titanium Focus got 28mpg on a 12 mile commute, what would the ST get? And the RS

Would the mpg numbers be close to the Titanium on the same drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many times have you asked that question on here and the RS forum? Your next question will be about what color shows dirt the most. Stop wasting these peoples time, I hope they ban you also.

I hate you and want to punch you in the face 😂

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
@TurboGT Well I'm thinking 424 (now 425) posts and over 7K views is no longer a discussion, it's a senate hearing....
I'd say an iliad at the very least...

I'm out...again...🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

·
1,513 Posts
How many times have you asked that question on here and the RS forum? Your next question will be about what color shows dirt the most. Stop wasting these peoples time, I hope they ban you also.

I hate you and want to punch you in the face 😂
He's been part of the boating forums for years. Does he actually own a boat? Well, unless there's a model that can be towed behind a 2013 focus titanium, that answer is no.

Another example of coffee shop banter.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
“I don’t want to spend 37k & then have to figure out how to change the shift knob & screw something up.....”

+1 vote to ban OP now
Has demonstrated value (lack thereof) to community

·
1,513 Posts
“I don’t want to spend 37k & then have to figure out how to change the shift knob & screw something up.....”

+1 vote to ban OP now
Has demonstrated value (lack thereof) to community
I would honestly be more satisfied if he consciously left on his own, OR simply bought a car. At least he will have made a solid decision one way, or the other.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
7 Posts
As I ask myself 'why did I read all 22 pages of this?' I thought a fun game to play would be: what will OP's next excuse to not buy an ST / RS. I'll go first.
OP: "So I was at the dealership getting ready to buy the car of my dreams, when I was made aware the previous owner put air in the tires. Can you believe it??? Non-oem air!! How am I supposed to source oem air? There goes the warranty."

Mods: feel free to ban me, so I stop reading this nonsense. Lol!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here's the official list of requirements for this "purchase":

Must be a Focus ST or RS
Must be nearby to where the OP lives
Must be an ST3 / RS2
Must be a specific model year
Must be a particular color
Must be a one owner vehicle
Must be completely stock
Must be sold by a Ford dealership
Must have black factory wheels
Must have less than 15,000 miles
Must have a Ford warranty
Must have never been in any sort of an accident or incident
Must have a complete ownership and maintenance log
Must get the same or better fuel economy as a Focus Titanium
Must be in a specific, relatively low price range

Sounds simple enough.

I'm no therapist, but it seems to me that the OP owning anything that he/she will fret about will make his/her life measurably worse. Imagine having to park such a car (if it even exists and is purchased) at work or in a store parking lot? I am not prone to anxiety, but I have more and more of it these days due to my home and work circumstances, so I am not saying this lightly- but imagine the anxiety the OP would experience having to park such a car somewhere?

A Toyota Corolla is a fine car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1) Great bathroom boredom read
2) feels similar to Miniver Cheevey fighting windmills thinking they're Giants, or the illiad on an unending quest
...Or a soap opera that is long and drawn out for longer than it needs to be.
3) Still waiting for that pot of coffee to boil.

"Tune in next time to ""PokerRun388's ETERNAL STRUGGLE!!!"" Will he, or won't he? Is it a real question? Is it a real person? Or is it the AI super-bot sent in to experiment on FocuST owners? You won't know unless you keep reading!"

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well IF it's actually true that the OP is getting some sort of buyback reparations from Ford, and is surrendering his/her daily driver (and presumably does not have another car to drive) then on the face of it- it looks like the storyline may come to an end soon, since it seems a new car purchase is required in order to maintain mobility to access a job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking his next reply will be about another ST/RS that he found in his area that is close to everything he wants followed by why he won't buy it for whatever insane reason.

Its the same thing over and over. Posts a car that fits the bill, followed by why he won't buy it. Everyone gives him ****, he posts a question about MPG/color/warranty/price avoiding everyone's comments and then back to posting another car he won't buy. Wash rinse repeat for the past 2 years on multiple forums.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Two years? I think he was doing the same thing on FocusFanatics before he bought his Titanium.

·
Registered
323 Posts
"I want, I want, I want..." No you don't. You don't want to buy a car. Like a 12 year old, you pretend you want it, but you've got more excuses than Quaker has oats to not buy one. The car you supposedly want doesn't exist, but that's fine because you can talk about it all day and never pull the trigger and spend the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm from the RS forum and I had to sign up here after this pure gold statement. He wont buy a car because of an aftermarket shift knob. Its a shift knob. The only knob is you. What could you possibly screw up changing out a shift knob?

I cant

There has to be something mentally wrong with this guy. Dude you may qualify for a handicap parking permit, that way you wont have to worry about getting door dings while you are out getting groceries
Bahaha I wonder how many of us from the RS forum are here just for some popcorn

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Case study in why safety bubbles don’t work...jus sayin 😂

421 - 440 of 505 Posts