Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the front end ground clearance difference is between a Focus ST & Focus RS? Will either car scrape rolling over a speed bump or steep driveway? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
rut ro, i jump them!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
2 years 192 days, 16 hours 37 min & 19 seconds to be exact calculating from his 1st post on FocusFanatics!!

·
Super Moderator
9,279 Posts
2 years 192 days, 16 hours 37 min & 19 seconds to be exact calculating from his 1st post on FocusFanatics!!
Yeah, and the RS forum banned him for this stuff iirc.

Which is why he has increased presence here now.

**** or get off the pot please. It's just a car. Sell it if you don't like it. Mod it if it's too low. This decision should not take this many questions or time to decide. The cars are old, and no longer made. They have years of data behind them and an established aftermarket. It's all out there. Just pull the trigger, or get something else.

Like those sweet newer corolla hatches, with the spoiler. In that cool blue. If they made a performance model, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not trying to get myself banned or cause drama, I was genuinely interested on the ground clearance difference on the ST. The RS appears to sit a little lower but I’m here to learn from you guys.

I was asking about the reliability a few weeks ago on the ‘18 ST & for some reason that thread got locked. I guess no one likes me on here either.....

·
Super Moderator
9,279 Posts
I’m not trying to get myself banned or cause drama, I was genuinely interested on the ground clearance difference on the ST. The RS appears to sit a little lower but I’m here to learn from you guys.

I was asking about the reliability a few weeks ago on the ‘18 ST & for some reason that thread got locked. I guess no one likes me on here either.....

That thread was BS, thats a search not a new topic. We have Tons of reliability threads. I locked it because we dont need another one.

I just want to see you be decisive.

Would be nice to get a stock ride height number, but sagging suspensions and all. You are stuck buying used, so theres going to be variances between them beyond stock. Then tire height, aftermarket parts. You need that number from a car you are buying.

In general, the ST has decent ground clearance. Never had issues on speed bumps or humps, just steep driveways.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
123 Posts
I've driven a saab 9-3 viggen and the front ends from factory are extremely low, its very hard to find one without a destroyed front lower air dam. My point being, I have never even scraped my STs bumper, but I am stock ride height. I would say from a stock suspension stand point, there are grand touring sedans just as low lol.

Reactions: dan's st

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Here ya go:

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
123 Posts
Here ya go:

I get your guys sentiment, and I haven't been around long enough to 'know', but ganging up on someone for shared mentality online, is lame.

Also, that dude is on PCP if he thinks hes getting 38,500 for his stock 21k mile RS that he's openly autocrossed, with 'normal driving' wear.

38,500 thats like creampuff status. There was an RS on Ebay, maybe still is, that had literallllly EVERY Mountune mod, with a built mountune longblock. Wrapped, with nitrous blue underneath. 55k MOD List.

He only wanted 50k obo for it.... I just think if you're able to afford 39,000 I would be entertaining something more like.. the above for.. 10k more lol OR go the complete opposite way find yourself better value, OR atleast find a creampuff for 39k stock.... USED...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
If you're worried about clearance just get one of these:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go:

I saw that one, but he says used launch control 20 times & he’s not sure how long the clutch will last? 38k? Sorry, that’s not for me.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
i would get an extended warranty on it.. clutch is still covered under the 3/36K

I would offer ~$34K

Those are $46K new

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
123 Posts

28k obo 20,500mi and a jump start on light mods. has salvage title though..

32k obo 33k mi, clean title and has factory accessories (floor mats, cover, trunk ****)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

27k 20,500 and a jump start on light mods.

It says rebuilt title & damage was to the right side.... definitely not for me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

28k obo 20,500mi and a jump start on light mods. has salvage title though..

32k obo 33k mi, clean title and has factory accessories (floor mats, cover, trunk ****)

33k mikes to just too many for me. I’d prefer to be under 12k miles.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
123 Posts
Sounds like you're going to be dropping a lot on an RS. May I suggest modding an ST? hahaha

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like you're going to be dropping a lot on an RS. May I suggest modding an ST? hahaha

I love the ST’s but unfortunately I can’t find one of those locally either. Honestly though, I’m just not into mods or anything aftermarket. I feel like both cars are great out-of-the-box & I just want them to be reliable. I’m just wanting a sporty commuter & grocery getter. The ‘18 RR has grown on me & think I’d prefer that one over an NB.

Would you take an RR over an SB? What are your thoughts on owning a black RS? I think I’ll be miserable trying to keep it clean.

·
1,512 Posts
I drive on the wonderful roads of northeast ohio, in and out of plenty of crap gravel and washed out driveways and have never scraped with mine, of course I'm mindful of what im driving and always approach anything that looks rough at an angle. I think you said you live in Cali, id expect your roads to be a little better than ours.

1 - 20 of 503 Posts