Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm a long time lurker here on the forum, and I guess this can double as an introduction. I bought my 2015 ST a year ago and have enjoyed every minute of it. Over the past few months I have started modding and decided to make the switch to big turbo. I ended up getting the Blue turbo by Spdbydesign and got it installed a few weeks ago by a local shop that specializes on our platform. I started to tune with Stratified and I haven't made it past the Base map because we ran into some issues with my logs and I just can't seem to figure out how to correct it.

So to start, after I took my initial logs, we found out the my "TIP Actual pressure" was increasing much past the setting that it supposed to be at which is currently set at 36.52 on my performance map. Currently, when I take logs, the pressure is going up to around 43-44. Stratified advised me to take a look at my plumbing to make sure everything is hooked up correctly which I took a look at and everything is where it is supposed to be. I crossed the schematic they gave me with the one found in the sticky in this forum and everything matched up perfectly. I have the old hardline to the bpv capped on top of the motor and routed with a symposer delete to my new bov on my charge pipe.

I'm currently at a loss of what to do, I have put the car up on a lift at least half a dozen times within the last week to make sure all the vacuum lines are where they are supposed to be, and I can't find anything out of place. I also contacted Mr. Riggs at Spdbydesign and he said it is "normal" since the wastegate in the blue turbo uses a stiffer spring so it generates more pressure. However, The guys at Stratified are advising me that it is definitely not normal, and continue to ask me to check my plumbing. I'm hoping that you guys have some other ideas on something I can check, I feel like it's something simple that I am missing. So far it's very frustrating that this is happening to me, and I'm out of ideas. I appreciate any ideas and help you guys can give me, Thanks all.

Below are my current mods, as well as a high performance datalog and the low boost datalog that I received from Stratified.

Mods:
SBD Blue Turbo
Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler
Panda Motorworks Hot/Cold Charge pipes with turbosmart veeport bov
Roush Intake
Cobb RMM

Running 94 Octane in the car since I've gotten in, no changes in fuel or where I get it.

Datalogs:

Performance Log

Low Boost Log

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would see if you can find someone else here that is running a SBD Blue Turbo and have a look at their TIP Actual Pressure their logs show. Maybe Spdbydesign could provide other customers of ST's log info to compare to. This would also be a way to verify their "this is normal" claim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been trying to do both. I've contacted a few people on here about it but they either havent tuned it yet or haven't been on all week to get back with me. Same with contacting Spdbydesign, he just hasn't gotten back to me and it's hard to get ahold of him via phone due to my work schedule.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've been trying to do both. I've contacted a few people on here about it but they either havent tuned it yet or haven't been on all week to get back with me. Same with contacting Spdbydesign, he just hasn't gotten back to me and it's hard to get ahold of him via phone due to my work schedule.
Can u swap to a softer spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if I can swap to a softer spring, I would prefer not to though because another user has shared some logs with me and it has showed that it's definitely not a normal occurence. I've ordered all new vacuum tubing in the hopes that the shop that installed possibly nicked one of the lines causing a leak. So we'll see how that works out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you ever get the plumbing issues figured out, because you and I have basically the same setup with exception of RMM and I am using Stratified for the tune and I am having the exact same issue. Just installed mines 3 weeks ago. The car runs great on the base tune holds 21 psi all the to redline.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sorry to Necro this thread but did you get it sorted? The logs look like you are using your throttle plate to control boost, not your wastegate (look at ETC angle). Your ETC should be 82 on full throttle on your wastegate logs and your wastegate should be opening up and dumping the rest. I had this exact problem. For me I had the wastegate hose and low pressure turbo side swapped by mistake. Once I swapped it the logs improved. I am still working on this tune and this happened to me on Friday.

If your plumbing is definitely 100% have you checked the solenoid cables have continuity? Just an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts