Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Welcome!

However I don't see anything for the ST on their website. Coming soon?

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Welcome, Jeff and congrats on joining the forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Dan, and hello gents. We are excited to get involved with the Focus ST community. Please check out our website to learn about Essex. Essex imports and distributes premium European brands in North America. We work with some of the top names in motorsports. We have been in business for roughly 30 years, primarily serving professional racing markets in North America. We work with NASCAR Sprint Cup, ALMS, Grand Am, etc. A few years back we started moving towards the aftermarket as well. We are taking our knowledge and experience in professional racing and applying it to the cars our customers use for track days, hpde, time trials, AutoX, etc. That's why we are here now.

You can see my personal history here. I've been on various automotive forums under the name jritt since 1999 (honda-tech, s2ki, my350z, corvette forum, ft86club, evoM, nasioc, etc.) I got involved in motorsports in 1999, first with an Integra Type-R. I've also owned a 350Z, C5 Z06, and NA Miata as track/autoX toys over the years.

Essex is currently working on a number of products for the Focus ST. We have a generous local owner bringing in his car next week to take measurements. These are the first items we are addressing:

1. Essex Competition Brake System featuring components by AP Racing- We've created a number of these systems for other platforms, and have been tremendously successful with the prouduct line. You can see the details of these kits on our site. The FT86 is our most recent platform, and you can follow the development process and see some feedback on that kit here. I will be posting a separate thread on this product in the brake forum.

2. Brake pads- We import and distrbute brake pads from AP Racing (England), Ferodo (Italy), CL Brakes (France), and Endless (Japan). We will be working with these suppliers to produce the appropriate pad shapes for the Focus ST.

3. Exhaust- We are the exclusive North American importer for Scorpion Exhausts in the UK.

4. Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines- We will be developing these for the Focus ST as well.

Below is a more complete list of what we do. Again, I will be posting details on each of the relevant products in the appropriate section of this forum, so please save your specific questions for those threads. Thanks!

Essex is the exclusive North American importer and distributor for the following product lines:

AP Racing Competition brake products: Essex offers AP's complete line of competition brake products, including calipers, discs, master cylinders, and pedal boxes. If you’re building a racecar and looking for the absolute best brake system available, we have the components to build it. If you can find it on AP's site, we can get it for you. We also have a range of competition brake systems for production road cars such as the Corvette, Evo, STI, M3, S2000, FR-S/BRZ, etc.

AP Racing brake fluid: AP currently offers four DOT Compliant offerings for North America with appropriate pricing and performance for everything from endurance racing to daily driving. With only a small number of aftermarket resellers currently behind the product line, AP fluids offer tremendous profit potential with very little competition for sales.

AP Racing Brake Pads: Gathering the aggregate knowledge of AP Racing and Essex, we've embarked on a joint venture to produce a unique new brake pad system for dual-purpose vehicles. Our goal with the AP Racing Brake Pad system was to create complementary street and track pads built from the same core materials. By doing so we allow for a superior interaction of the pad materials at the disc face, alleviating common problems such as vibration, judder, uneven pad depositions, etc. Full details on both compounds here.

Ferodo Racing Brake Pads and Brake Fluid:
The Ferodo DS2500 has become one of the most popular dual-use street/track brake pads in the aftermarket. Additionally, Ferodo offers a number of popular European race compounds that many North Americans don't even know about (see tabs at the bottom of this page). Finally, Essex has recently brought Ferodo's fantastic Super Formula racing brake fluid to North America.

CL Sintered Racing Brake Pads:
CL offers a revolutionary new sintered pad technology that we’ve just recently introduced to the North American market. If you’ve never tried a sintered pad, you need to put a set on your personal track car or your favorite customer’s car asap. They’re perfect for all types of motorsports, including autoX, Time Attack, HPDE, or endurance racing. Please check out some of the customer feedback about these incredicble pads on our site.

Endless: Essex is one of only two direct importers of Endless brake products in North America. Endless offers an impressive range of street and track brake pads, and Endless RF-650 is one of the best brake & clutch fluids available at any price. Its extremely high dry (613F) and wet (410F) boiling points make it the perfect fluid for all types of motorsport. RF-650 is original equipment on all Porsche factory racecars, and used exclusively for all testing and racing activities by several Formula 1 teams.

Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines: Spiegler has become a fixture in the world of sport bikes. Essex is now bringing their innovative stainless steel brake lines to the automotive market. These lines are manufactured in the USA, and provide the ultimate quality for your moste discerning customers.

Teknofibra Thermal Barriers: Teknofibra is an extremely versatile, lightweight material that is both heat reflecting and heat absorbing. The incredible properties of the Teknofibra materials have never before been seen in automotive racing applications.

Scorpion Exhaust Systems:
Scorpion produces some of the finest stainless steel and titanium exhaust systems available. Essex has recently been chosen as Scorpion's exclusive North American distributor, and in the coming months will be introducing a range of products appropriate for our domestic market.

Super B Lightweight Lithium-Ion Batteries: In racing, weight is the enemy, and having ample and reliable power is crucial. Super B's Lithium-Ion batteries provide both incredible weight savings and bullet-proof electrical performance. Compared to traditional lead-acid batteries, Super B's lithium-ion technology is far more efficient, lighter, and safer. Full details here.

Hawk Performance Brake Pads: Essex has been one of Hawks largest distributors for many years. We have competitive discounts and a huge selection of Hawk pads on the shelf. If your old supplier is no longer offering Hawk, or if you don't want to hold a large inventory, we can help.

Again, thanks for having us. We are excited to be here, and we are going to bring some killer products to Focus ST owners!:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have say that Jeff and the people at Essex know brakes. I volunteered my ST for measurements and at the same time had the chance to tour their shop. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what new products they come up with. Thanks Jeff for letting me raid the merch bins. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts