Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I have a question? If I was to run an intake or an open box with green filter before I purchase an intake do I need to remove the symposer in order to hear the spool/blow off sound?
You could try it with the stock airbox lid off and if you like it buy an RS airbox lid just to make it look nicer.
I ran mine with a cobb filter (made by green filter) lid off for a few weeks and had no issues other than confusing the neighborhood kids.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gotcha.
Only thing the symposer does is let sounds in the cabin. Kinda pointless honestly and will cause issues down the road.
Only thing the symposer does is let sounds in the cabin. Kinda pointless honestly and will cause issues down the road.
Gotcha. Was confused because video I watched on YouTube said it muffles outside intake and turbo noise. With an open box green filter can you hear turbo spooling under normal driving let's say slowly bringing her to 3500 rpm?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You could try it with the stock airbox lid off and if you like it buy an RS airbox lid just to make it look nicer.
I ran mine with a cobb filter (made by green filter) lid off for a few weeks and had no issues other than confusing the neighborhood kids.
Can you hear turbo spooling with green filter and open box?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Can you hear turbo spooling with green filter and open box?
Yes definitely. With the windows up you have to listen for it, but with windows down you can hear it start to whistle around 2k rpm depending on how much gas you're giving it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sup brother have a question? Which would have more turbo noise open box green filter or open box Cobb filter or would it be the same?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Sup brother have a question? Which would have more turbo noise open box green filter or open box Cobb filter or would it be the same?
The Cobb filter is made by Green filter, so honestly it is the same. I've got both and I use the cobb just for the color. Haha

21 - 27 of 27 Posts