Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to meet you. Not looking to increase power just want the "turbo experience " from research I am thinking about going with steeda intake, boomba bov and welded dual tips on stock exhaust. Is this a good game plan? Just looking for the turbo noises and quiet exhaust. Also would I be able to run stock tune and is boomba bov hard to install? Thank you

·
Registered
573 Posts
bomba bov is very easy to isntall and maintain. But yes if you’re looking for turbo noises I’d deff recommend getting an intake and doing a intercooler upgrade just to help the car threw the hot summer moths along with one step colder plugs to help with the longevity of the engine. Also I would recommend Atleast getting it tuned by JST or Nishan tunning they are fairly cheap just so you can enjoy all the little bolt on and have some fun with the car. As far as quiet exhausts look into an injen cat back exhaust very deep sounding and quiet. Hardly any drone.

·
Registered
573 Posts
But yes you could run the stock tune but you’d be doing your self a favor getting a nice quality tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bomba bov is very easy to isntall and maintain. But yes if you’re looking for turbo noises I’d deff recommend getting an intake and doing a intercooler upgrade just to help the car threw the hot summer moths along with one step colder plugs to help with the longevity of the engine. Also I would recommend Atleast getting it tuned by JST or Nishan tunning they are fairly cheap just so you can enjoy all the little bolt on and have some fun with the car. As far as quiet exhausts look into an injen cat back exhaust very deep sounding and quiet. Hardly any drone.
Thank you I appreciate all the advice

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah man if you need any help or got any more questions. I speak for all of us we got you. It never hurts to get multiple opinions. But we will gladly help you every step of the way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man if you need any help or got any more questions. I speak for all of us we got you. It never hurts to get multiple opinions. But we will gladly help you every step of the way.
Thanks for the warm welcome! If I find a clean 2013/14 car with let's say 90k miles any thing I should look out for? These cars are still reliable with higher mileage? Can I see some pics of your ST? Looks mean from your pic!! Here is my saleen SC and ATS Turbo awd

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
@SaleenST There’s a really nice low mileage ST for sale in a thread I read earlier today.

It’s in West Virginia. If the trip to WV is feasible, you should give it a looksee. I think it’s a 2014 w/ 13k miles.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
@SaleenST By the way....love the Saleen Mustang. I remember reading about Saleen Mustangs in the various Mustang rags in the late '80's / early '90's. They seemed like supercars to me back then....like dating a supermodel kind of unattainability!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@SaleenST By the way....love the Saleen Mustang. I remember reading about Saleen Mustangs in the various Mustang rags in the late '80's / early '90's. They seemed like supercars to me back then....like dating a supermodel kind of unattainability!!
Thanks brother ;). They are sweet cars for sure always wanted one. I also use to drool over them in the mustang mags from the 90s lol. Fox body Saleens are shooting up in value now!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thank you it’s one of my crazy little intercooler I made. But it’s actually my wife’s coyote. Finally it will be running again next month. The shop it was sitting at lost a lot of my parts including 4 of her blower pullies so we are waiting at the moment to get what all we need so this motor can get dropped in again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you it’s one of my crazy little intercooler I made. But it’s actually my wife’s coyote. Finally it will be running again next month. The shop it was sitting at lost a lot of my parts including 4 of her blower pullies so we are waiting at the moment to get what all we need so this motor can get dropped in again.
I have a question? If I was to run an intake or an open box with green filter before I purchase an intake do I need to remove the symposer in order to hear the spool/blow off sound?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Only thing the symposer does is let sounds in the cabin. Kinda pointless honestly and will cause issues down the road.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts