Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, recently I installed my cobb access port and im running fully stock stage 1 tune. Im using 93 octane and everything in my car is stock besides the access port. Recently, when accelerating, when I get to 20 psi, my car starts to shake and the boost drops. Does anyone know why?

·
1,556 Posts
What spark plugs did you install when you tuned it? At what gap? How long ago did you install them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What spark plugs did you install when you tuned it? At what gap? How long ago did you install them?
I installed the accessport a few days ago, didn't install anything else on my car. I am running cobbs stage 1 tune

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, it happens in every gear. When I WOT (boost hits about 20psi) the car starts vibrating violently and the boost drops.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,144 Posts
Flash back to stage zero and see if the issue remains. You may have a mechanical or electrical issue that needs to be resolved before moving forward with modifications.

·
1,556 Posts
Follow what @SSgtjrobertson said. If the issue goes away on stage zero then its more than likely spark plug blowout from the original plugs at too large of a gap. You're supposed to install colder plugs at .026" gap when you tune.

See this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow what @SSgtjrobertson said. If the issue goes away on stage zero then its more than likely spark plug blowout from the original plugs at too large of a gap. You're supposed to install colder plugs at .026" gap when you tune.

See this thread.
Whenever I change the map slot to economy mode (turbo psi max 6) and wide open throttle it doesnt do the violent vibration. Would it still be the spark plugs then? I apoligize for the questions, i just got my focus and im new to working on cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

See this thread.
Flashed it back to 0 and opened the throttle... no issues. Gonna buy some pre gapped plugs from panda motorworks and swap them out and see. Thanks for the help!

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,144 Posts

·
1,556 Posts
Good deal, let us know when you get them in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts