Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
So, new to Sync here, can I save music onto a flash drive, pop it into one of the USB ports and play it?
Yep, I've got about 400 songs that I go through.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Any special instructions or limitations on what size flash drive?
No limit, although the bigger the drive, the longer sync will take to index it. If using a USB, it has to be formatted in Fat32, or EXfat. NTFS will not work.
SD cards (for nav) on Sync2 systems can be used for music as well. I don't know about sync3(2016+)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wouldn't it make sense to just try it?

It works very well you'll see, just make sure the ID tags are set because that's what the radio will try to read/organize against

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wouldn't it make sense to just try it?

It works very well you'll see, just make sure the ID tags are set because that's what the radio will try to read/organize against
What are "ID tags"? Is there a way to arrange the play order? Does it read alphabetically from song titles? Can I put a number before the title?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
What are "ID tags"? Is there a way to arrange the play order? Does it read alphabetically from song titles? Can I put a number before the title?
It organizes the same way any media player would. You can choose by song, by album, by artist...
I have about 4k+ songs on a 32G usb, and just dragged/dropped all the artists I likes, whole albums, whatever from the music folder on my PC.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
With my 2013 it works well if you organize by folder. When you select your usb device it will play all the music with the option to shuffle. However, if you feel like a particular artist you can select by folder.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
What are "ID tags"?
ID3 is often refered to as "ID Tags" or "Tag data"

this is the metadata (data about the data) that is included with each MP3 file that describes the file, this includes information such as artist, track name, song number...
if it weasn't for the metadata/Tag information, all songs would be ordered only by the file name of the MP3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts