Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
12,286 Posts
If I were to install progressive spray water meth kit. Am I correct that I would only need one nozzle in a throttle body spacer? Does that harm or throw off the map sensor in the intake manifold? And what size nozzle should I use?
Ok, now this thread is heading into the water meth realm too much. This is a Port injection gas/ethanol thread.

I suggest you read over some of the wonderful water meth (w/mi) threads we have.

Short answer, you need to supply enough meth to cover your hp goals, so it's situation dependent, please take those questions elsewhere though, I am keeping this gas/ethanol focused. We have a bunch of w/mi threads.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
If I were to install progressive spray water meth kit. Am I correct that I would only need one nozzle in a throttle body spacer? Does that harm or throw off the map sensor in the intake manifold? And what size nozzle should I use?
Ok, now this thread is heading into the water meth realm too much. This is a Port injection gas/ethanol thread.

I suggest you read over some of the wonderful water meth (w/mi) threads we have.

Short answer, you need to supply enough meth to cover your hp goals, so it's situation dependent, please take those questions elsewhere though, I am keeping this gas/ethanol focused. We have a bunch of w/mi threads.
Sorry deuce.I've been on the forum for a while I still don't know how to start a new thread to ask questions.

·
Administrator
12,286 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just an update guys since it’s been a little while, got the turbo in and all the other bits and goodies and had it tuned by Brian @ JST Performance he kept the car a couple of days and when I got it back he said on the Vdyno it’s putting down 355-365whp, today I picked up the CPE aux fuel set up for 370$ so I couldn’t resist. I know I need a split second controller but I’m having a hard time finding injectors. Requires 48mm injectors, I found some 550cc ones for 4 port injection for a good price. My end goal has changed to 400whp lol

·
Administrator
12,286 Posts
Just an update guys since it’s been a little while, got the turbo in and all the other bits and goodies and had it tuned by Brian @ JST Performance he kept the car a couple of days and when I got it back he said on the Vdyno it’s putting down 355-365whp, today I picked up the CPE aux fuel set up for 370$ so I couldn’t resist. I know I need a split second controller but I’m having a hard time finding injectors. Requires 48mm injectors, I found some 550cc ones for 4 port injection for a good price. My end goal has changed to 400whp lol
400whp is tough without Ethanol or methanol. Only so far you can push 93oct.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh that’s with Ethanol lol I should have mentioned that in my previous post

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
What is the reliable limit for 93 with aux fuel? I will be hooking up my 2 port aux fuel in the next week, so i am kinda of curious to know what i can get on pump gas. Ideally i will be just sticking to 93 for daily driving and e30 when i feel like some extra power. So not the max with 93 and perfect conditions/fuel but safe level to run daily

·
Administrator
12,286 Posts
What is the reliable limit for 93 with aux fuel? I will be hooking up my 2 port aux fuel in the next week, so i am kinda of curious to know what i can get on pump gas. Ideally i will be just sticking to 93 for daily driving and e30 when i feel like some extra power. So not the max with 93 and perfect conditions/fuel but safe level to run daily
Depends on the turbo. The quicker spooling smaller turbos tend to make less power than a larger slower one, but with more power over the rpm range and all that jazz. Something about cfm, efficiency, and heat produced. If you have good gas, i'd max it out. Should get you in tge 375whp range. Maybe higher. Still plenty of safety from the motors limits, per say. Lol

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Depends on the turbo. The quicker spooling smaller turbos tend to make less power than a larger slower one, but with more power over the rpm range and all that jazz. Something about cfm, efficiency, and heat produced. If you have good gas, i'd max it out. Should get you in tge 375whp range. Maybe higher. Still plenty of safety from the motors limits, per say. Lol
He’s spot on, with the turbo I have on my car with 4 port I’ll be maxing out 93 around 375-385whp, an E30 or E40 mix should safely put me in the 400whp range.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
He’s spot on, with the turbo I have on my car with 4 port I’ll be maxing out 93 around 375-385whp, an E30 or E40 mix should safely put me in the 400whp range.
I was going to be happy hitting 350whp with my 2port setup on my EFR 6758 for daily duty (nice round number, you know?) So I wont be mad if i end up a little north of that on 93. Then whatever i end up with on E30/40 im fine with. Not trying to hit any magic number there

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I was going to be happy hitting 350whp with my 2port setup on my EFR 6758 for daily duty (nice round number, you know?) So I wont be mad if i end up a little north of that on 93. Then whatever i end up with on E30/40 im fine with. Not trying to hit any magic number there
Got the kit pieced together if anyone following is interested in 4 port aux fuel for under 1k(depends on how much your tuner charges):

C-PE Aux fuel bar kit(includes lines and fittings): 370$
Split Second Controller 4 injectors: 295$
Bosch 600cc 57lb/hr injectors: 126$
Misc items, positaps, 1/4 wire loom, fuel line tool all of of amazon: 40$
Tuning:99$

For a grand total of 940$, not too shabby. Once I get everything hooked up and the tune set up I’ll update you guys !

·
Administrator
12,286 Posts
Got the kit pieced together if anyone following is interested in 4 port aux fuel for under 1k(depends on how much your tuner charges):

C-PE Aux fuel bar kit(includes lines and fittings): 370$
Split Second Controller 4 injectors: 295$
Bosch 600cc 57lb/hr injectors: 126$
Misc items, positaps, 1/4 wire loom, fuel line tool all of of amazon: 40$
Tuning:99$

For a grand total of 940$, not too shabby. Once I get everything hooked up and the tune set up I’ll update you guys !
The CPe came with lines and fittings? Awesome!!

I can't wait for pics, and model numbers of things, all the details!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yup said it everything, stock fuel line kit, gaskets etc, Lethal Performance is having a 15% off CPE sale so I hopped on it if you want to check it out. Here’s a screen shot of it, and will definitely post pics of everything, from what I’ve read the injectors mount on the bottom side of the spacer so it’s more of a stealth approach

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Well, any updates on this Aux Fuel build?

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Administrator
12,286 Posts
@gri
Yup said it everything, stock fuel line kit, gaskets etc, Lethal Performance is having a 15% off CPE sale so I hopped on it if you want to check it out. Here’s a screen shot of it, and will definitely post pics of everything, from what I’ve read the injectors mount on the bottom side of the spacer so it’s more of a stealth approach
So did you do it? Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Next month i'll be setting up the Aux Fuel Controller
it is possible get a base map somewhere for Aux Fuel Controller (4 injector)
nobody in Poland has tested this yet and i'd like to look into it.
can someone help

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi

Next month i'll be setting up the Aux Fuel Controller
it is possible get a base map somewhere for Aux Fuel Controller (4 injector)
nobody in Poland has tested this yet and i'd like to look into it.
can someone help
Contact Brian Tyson at JST Performance or Alan at Edge Auto Sports

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well.

For 4 port, port injection, you have 5 choices. 2 of them are pre made kits. Stratified and Speed Perf6rmanc3. Then if you want to piece a kit, Radium Engineering, CP-E, or Boomba. There are a couple companies that use the radium rail in a pre made kit. Radiums own kit is a bit ridiculous.

The Boomba kit is a bit more complicated to assemble, but does have bungs for meth. The offset meth bungs are easier to work with, then dead center ones, such as the Speed Perf kit.

After some searching, the radium is the best price, and their website has all the fittings and what not. So you could piece that stuff through them.

If the kit you choose, runs two fuel lines, interrupting the oem hpfp feed, these are some of the parts you need.

You need two fuel line adapters, for the OEM quick disconnect fuel lines. One 90 off the fuel pump needs to be one piece and low profile, and the other off the oem fuel line can be two piece, you have tons of room for that fitting.

Then you need to attach your fuel lines to these fittings, so they need barbed ends for your fuel line ID. Matching clamps, fuel line friendly. I suggest stainless steel. (I use all HPS brand clamps off amazon, both their t-bolts and their worm drives, amazing stuff)

Here's speeds install list. http://www.speedperf6rmanc3.com/content/FocusST_Aux_Fuel_Kit_Instructions.pdf which isn't great, but gives you some info. Their hose lengths are a bit long, overall length includes the fittings.

Stratified has good instructions, and some vids. They run a t-fitting and feed the fuel rail with only one line. Which simplifies things, but I like the feed/return setup a bit more.

You will want to buy 5 "Posi tap" wire connectors. The red ones are the correct size. You need to tap off one wire at each coil pack, and off the map sensor from the intake manifold. The map wire runs alll the way back to the ecu, so you can find it and tap it anywhere. I found it easy and cleanish to tap on tap of the intake manifold, as the wire runs in between the two runners of the plastic intake manifold.

A mini add a circuit, to power the split second controller. Also a ring end stakon/crimp for the ground, i suggest using the frame rail ground locations under the airbox.

You need a fuel line quick disconnect tool.

Speed uses 630cc Bosch injectors. Which are all you need unless you are planning on running E85 straight at over iirc like 500 hp. Anything past that, and you want a LPFP upgrade and 1000 cc injectors.

I'm running the 630, and going to use meth injection. Hopefully, lmao. If the fittings fit. Thats a different story on my case.

1/4 id wire loom, some heat shrink, tiny tie wraps. Just to clean things up if you want to.
Is there a way to add a return line to the stratified kit? I noticed that fuel rail is getting really hot

21 - 40 of 43 Posts