Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was wondering what setup should I go with when it comes to upgrading my brakes. I do not do any track racing. I will be doing some drag racing when I get my bigger turbo kit. I do love galaxy7 setup but just wondering if that over kill for daily driver. I also getting Mountune big turbo kit at the same time and was wondering I should don't do wilwood kit just stick with RS or Stop Tech setup because of $$$ saving. See below the kits I am looking at. Tell me what you guys think?

Wilwood: 14" Front, 13" rear
Stop Tech: Front: Aero 2pc rotor. Rear: cross drill with nice pads with stock calipers
RS brakes front and back.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you don't track the car I don't see the point in changing over to bigger calipers, unless you just want to do it as an appearance mod.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
The brakes are pretty good for single piston calipers; I see no reason to change them for drag racing as you will not be on them continuously.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Todd at TCE Performance has a drag racing brake kit.
Thanx Kevin I am going to contact Todd today. I going to order the Wilwood 14/13 FNSL6/CPB 4X Kit. If you going to do it then do it right the first time don't waste money at the end you will buy what you mind set on. I went out with my buddies one has new M4 and other one has M5 we were driving on Patterson Pass between livermore and tracy in Bay Area before i order my big turbo kit and i wanted see difference it will make. By end of road my brakes felt like mushy so that's when i decided i going with that setup. lol

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Thanx Kevin I am going to contact Todd today. I going to order the Wilwood 14/13 FNSL6/CPB 4X Kit. If you going to do it then do it right the first time don't waste money at the end you will buy what you mind set on. I went out with my buddies one has new M4 and other one has M5 we were driving on Patterson Pass between livermore and tracy in Bay Area before i order my big turbo kit and i wanted see difference it will make. By end of road my brakes felt like mushy so that's when i decided i going with that setup. lol
I use to live out you way. Todd's a cool guy. His shop is about 40min from my front door.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've done that road hundreds of times on my supermoto... As part of my daily commute.
Live in pleasanton now... So no more Paterson pass for me

CrashMW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts