Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty excited about this car, I've done a ton of research before pulling the trigger on Saturday night @ Gary Yeoman's Ford in Daytona.

I've got a few minor issues with the window tint and the ST logo on the engine cover is all warped/pulled-up (but they'll replace) but all in all, I'm super happy.

Already bought:
- CP-E Stage2 rear engine mount (Ford Focus ST xFlex? Rear Motor Mount Stage2 - cp-e?)
- car-specific iPhone mount from proclipusa.com
- laser guide to place/park the car in the garage

Already done:
- ran across a post and video on unplugging the center channel tweeter, which for me really helped out the Sony system in the car, it was so front-focused with the tweeter connected
- followed another video I saw and added polyfill to the stock Sony amp, made a little bit of improvement, well worth the $3 spent.

Future plans:
- (appt set already) Window tint: have the dealer-installed garbage scraped off and using some high quality ceramic (and darker) Lumar film
- Keeping the head unit, replacing everything downstream (this upcoming product will supposedly make it easier: DSR1 - 8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module | Rockford Fosgate®)
- Intercooler replacement, exhaust, etc etc (whatever it takes to get to Cobb's "Stage 3"). I'm not sure how quickly I'll get there, but it'll happen
- Find a set of 15" rims for track day use, I've already got 8 tires in great shape for track use from another car of mine.

I've got a month to get used to the car before my yearly trip to the Tail of the Dragon, I'm looking forward to putting the car through it's paces!

IMG_02.jpg

IMG_01.jpg

IMG_05.jpg

IMG_08.jpg

IMG_09.jpg

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
783 Posts
Very nice car. Those wheels and calipers really set it off. 15" wheels for the track?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was afraid of that... ah well.... i'l find a home for all these 15" tires i have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts