Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I'm a photographer, I've been working to get my foot into Motorsports and I am now an official Photographer at the Speedway @ Willow Springs.

Now, on to the bit that relates to you. I go up the Angeles Crest Highway every 2nd or 3rd Saturday and spend some time practicing my panning on the passing cars/motorcycles. I generally setup shop about half way between Mount Wilson observatory and Upper Big Tejonga Canyon road, on a good spot where I have a mid-speed corner with a clear line of sight in both directions.

So this is an open invite for any of our fellow So-Calers to let you know when I'm up there if you want to do a pass-by. I'll be sure to post when I plan to be up there.

Just a few examples from previous outings.

The motorcyclists are great for keeping my panning up to snuff.

Funny enough I have yet to spot another ST while up the ACH.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just putting it out there for any of you to take up on.

I am literally there to keep my skills sharp for track photography.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You should take a trip out to Colorado Springs this summer and shoot the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should take a trip out to Colorado Springs this summer and shoot the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
I'm attending the Monterey Autosports Reunion at Leguna Seca this year for my vacation, I'll get to Pikes Peak some time.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I was up the ACH today, no ST Sightings, saw an RS but that was while I was driving.

However with a stop at Newcombs.

Day 7: They still do not realize I am Italian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts