Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I still have the stock fog light bulbs in my 15 ST1. I am trying to decide between the Philips CrystalVision (I currently have those in my headlights) or go with the DD HP48 (LED). They are both roughly $40. I am not sure if it is worth it to bump up to the XP80 for $90, but perhaps I could be swayed.

I also wanted to know if it is easier to just drop the bumper and replace the bulbs that way or to peel back the wheel well surround to access the fog light bulbs...or any other method.
@Diode Dynamics perhaps you can chime in?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Hey guys. So I still have the stock fog light bulbs in my 15 ST1. I am trying to decide between the Philips CrystalVision (I currently have those in my headlights) or go with the DD HP48 (LED). They are both roughly $40. I am not sure if it is worth it to bump up to the XP80 for $90, but perhaps I could be swayed.

I also wanted to know if it is easier to just drop the bumper and replace the bulbs that way or to peel back the wheel well surround to access the fog light bulbs...or any other method.

@Diode Dynamics perhaps you can chime in?

Thanks!
I run the DD XML2 and I am super happy with them. I also just took the under shield off and was able to replace the fogs easily from under the car.

Here is my thread on it: http://www.focusst.org/forum/diode-dynamics/52946-led-fog-xml2-diode-dynamics-review.html

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone else chime in? Does anyone have the HP48's or the XP 80's?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just go with the XML2s. I love mine.

HP48s are not as bright as the stock bulbs..
XP80s are slightly brighter
XML2s are way brighter than factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts