Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as most of you know, the PERM PCV Plate that we sell to aid in crank case ventilation doesn't quite fit the ST as it was designed for the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6. However, we have recently been in touch with PERM Tuning to work on getting the design changed and yesterday we used a template to test the new design. It appears we are good to go and will be ordering a batch shortly of the redesigned PCV Plates.

First of all, the picture below illustrates why we suggest the addition of a PERM PCV plate in the first place.

As you can see, the orifice is quite small, and this along with the vent on the valve cover is all there is in the way of ventilation. The PERM Plate has two larger holes that allow a lot more ventilation than the factory PCV System.

Here is a picture of the Current design with the new template and a modified plate (ground down to clear knock sensor on ST).

Anyways, we should have more of these soon and you will no longer need to remove any material in order to clear the Knock Sensor.

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PERM Plates are back and better!! Features a revised design to fit the Mazdaspeed 3/6 and Focus ST engines flawlessly (no more need to grind the plate down to fit the ST). A new, lower profile, check valve is now included as well. We have many in stock and ready to ship!

Just installed one on our shop car too!

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad they changed the design to work better with our cars. Is there a thread that shows how to install one of these? Kinda intrested.

Send from another galaxy.
We didn't have time to do an install thread on this, but it is pretty simple. You just take off the intake manifold and replace the OEM PCV box with the PERM Plate. We are running a dual catch can setup in this configuration.

Under vacuum:

Under boost:

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about those with stock turbos? Any upside for us? Also you'll have to let us know which can fill quicker than the other.

Send from another galaxy.
There is always a benefit to improving flow in and out of the crank case, and crank case ventilation. Even with stock turbo there will be a benefit, the benefits are just bigger when you are pushing more power with bigger turbos.

·
Registered
812 Posts
@EdgeAutosport.com I just purchased the Perm PCV plate from you guys and was wondering if you would be able to explain how I hook up the vented catch can? I just installed a Mishimoto PCV catch can on the stock plate because I could not figure out how to setup both that and the vented catch can. What is the top hose connection that runs from the VTA can in your diagram?

Best,
John

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@EdgeAutosport.com I just purchased the Perm PCV plate from you guys and was wondering if you would be able to explain how I hook up the vented catch can? I just installed a Mishimoto PCV catch can on the stock plate because I could not figure out how to setup both that and the vented catch can. What is the top hose connection that runs from the VTA can in your diagram?

Best,
John
The hose that goes to the top of the engine connects to the valve cover. So you should have a hose going from the valve cover (cap off the port on the intake) to the vented can, and from the PCV Plate to the vented can with a check valve between the PCV Plate and the vented can oriented to stop flow going back into the plate under vacuum.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
We didn't have time to do an install thread on this, but it is pretty simple. You just take off the intake manifold and replace the OEM PCV box with the PERM Plate. We are running a dual catch can setup in this configuration.

Under vacuum:

Under boost:

I want to run the perm plate, but just want to clarify some things.

1) Are the 90° fittings shown in the 4th post picture, included?
If so, what size hose fits?

2) Can those 90° fittings be clocked, say to the 3 o'clock position from the picture shown? Reason I ask is because I am getting a custom Saikou Michi dual catch can.
S1 DC3 Oil Catch Can
It will go where the battery is now, so both lines from the perm plate and the intake manifold hose will need to routed to the right, behind the IM

3) Can I run both cans sealed? Or Does one NEED to be vented?

4) From what I understand, the intake hose will need to be capped off. Do/can you provide a 1/2" cap for the C-PE intake?

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to run the perm plate, but just want to clarify some things.

1) Are the 90° fittings shown in the 4th post picture, included?
If so, what size hose fits?
The 90° fittings are included and they can be clocked however you want. They are 5/8's barbed fittings so they will fit a 5/8's hose.

3) Can I run both cans sealed? Or Does one NEED to be vented?
You shouldn't run both cans sealed because then you will not have enough crank case ventilation. You should vent one of them and run both the valve cover, and a line from the PCV Plate to the vented can.

4) From what I understand, the intake hose will need to be capped off. Do/can you provide a 1/2" cap for the C-PE intake?
You will need to cap the port on the intake. I don't have anything here I could send you separate of a kit, but you can pick up a cap that is large enough from any auto parts store.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The hose that goes to the top of the engine connects to the valve cover. So you should have a hose going from the valve cover (cap off the port on the intake) to the vented can, and from the PCV Plate to the vented can with a check valve between the PCV Plate and the vented can oriented to stop flow going back into the plate under vacuum.
Thank you so much guys - you have the best customer service and I appreciate all of your help!

Best,
John

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
703 Posts
So i have a filter connected to the left side and my occ on the other, the breather filter is sucking in the air under vacuum instead of releasing ccpressure bc oil would come out of it

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So i have a filter connected to the left side and my occ on the other, the breather filter is sucking in the air under vacuum instead of releasing ccpressure bc oil would come out of it
You need a check valve between the filter and the plate to keep air from coming in there. This will allow the valve cover breather to pull in air.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts