Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So last year I installed the performance calibration on my 17 st. It was all great but had to change out the motor mount for better grip. Still all great. More power than I know what to do with. But a few weeks ago I noticed that the annoying vibration is gone (kinda like the rumble of a classic muscle car) but it seems all the power is there still. Then I took it in for the recall about the gas tank and I noticed on the work order it said " PCM up to date". And my car is yet even more smooth of an idler. The power seems to still be there cause the turbo still goes to almost 30 pounds. Stock if I remember correctly only went to about 18 pounds or so. Dis this happen to any one else? Any major gear heads know what's going on? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Perhaps the RMM got broken in, reducing the vibrations? Typical break in time is a few hundred to a couple of thousand miles.
The gas tank recall work should overwrite any tune, but it might be that they didn't actually do it (if they saw that your car didn't need updating).

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well if you have a procal if I remember correctly you should contact ford performance becoz I am pretty sure they came out with an updated tune to coenside with the purge valve update. If I can remember correctly...its possible they overwrote your tune, or it's also possible that the fixing the recall made ur car idle better and because its idling better, its pull iij ng out smoother with less vibration because the car itself is having evap issues with the purge valve and yes some possible breaking in of the RMM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm...I dont even know what "RMM" means but that's not that important I guess. So if I re-installed the tune....what do you think would happen? Or should i not even worry about it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
RMM is the rear motor mount.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmm...I dont even know what "RMM" means but that's not that important I guess. So if I re-installed the tune....what do you think would happen? Or should i not even worry about it?
You will need the updated tune from Ford Performance that includes the software updates for the purge valve recall.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
^^^^ THIS^^^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts