Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend (Sunday when the Steelers forgot how to play football, around halftime.) my aunt backed into my car and made a mess of my driver's side front fender. It's getting an estimate today and then scheduling a repair. Has anyone had any experience with dealers color matching on Performance Blue cars? I know it's a tricky and pretty distinct color, and if it's noticeably different than the rest of the car I'll be driven insane.

Any insight to ease my troubles?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never compair the painted plastic parts to the metal ones. They will always look different upclose.

Sent from another garage.
Well being on the side of my vehicle, I imagine it should be the same as my metal doors and door frames.

Edit: And if it doesn't..anger ensues.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
The body shop should "blend" the panels, so if they're re.placing the fender, they would typically blend into the door and probably the hood.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Take it to a shop you know and can trust. If you don't have one- find one.

Secondly, and this seems like it shouldn't be the case but.... Let whoever is doing the work know how exacting you are. Tell them how important this is and that you don't care how long it takes, it needs to be perfect. Like I said, you'd think they'd do a great job regardless but letting them know that you're not a typical customer has absolutely made a difference for me in the past.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My son had an "incident" with my PB ST. I had a friend (who works at a body shop) do the work and it looks good (though the repainted area, on the hood, has a faint hint of orange peel effect but you REALLY have to look for it). He did the hood and front bumper.

As mentioned before, there has ALWAYS been a slight difference in color between the hood and bumper (metal vs. plastic), but only in bright sunlight. But the bumper repainting matches the rest of the bumper perfectly and the hood repainting matches the rest of the hood perfectly (if perfect is even achievable).

·
Registered
253 Posts
My regatta blue tiburon had some bricks thrown at it and damaged the hood and front bumper, that color had a lot of metallic flake in it and i couldn't even tell where the damage had been when i got it back. Looked perfect. I wouldn't stress about it, a good painter can make it look like it never happened

1 - 7 of 7 Posts