Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who bought brand new or used 2013 focus ST's hows it holding up? How many miles do you have on your vehicle and did you run into any issues?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey. I've got a 13 Plate ST3. Bought it in march with 19800 miles on it and now it has 29k. Had no trouble at all with it mate. Mapped it too at one point but it was in full turbo all the time so I removed the map.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Bought new. 53k and counting. Big turbo upgrade and tuned since 2k miles. No major trouble. Just some rattles here and there.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,594 Posts
Took delivery on 9/20/2012, 35,000 miles, no problems...not even the rattles most people complain about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm the second owner of my 13 ST3, bought it with 32K, have an intake and exhaust on it and it's great so far.
Car run's mint and I love it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
bought in May 2013 /w 100 miles..Currently have just under 73k, been tuned since 35500 (lol). Only issue other than wear and tear is replacing a Purge valve ($43 shipped).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Got my ST1 in December 2013 with about 60 miles. Now up to 19.6k. Tuned since 1k. Big turbo since 16k. The car is doing great. Some light rattles that I could probably easily fix. Does the daily grind with my son very well.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Bought mine just over 4 years ago with 16 miles on. Today it has just over 16K and has been trouble free outside the issued recalls.
(Disclaimer, I'm an old man and only drive to the grocery store and to the Satanic rituals every Sunday.) lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bought new in Dec 2013. Only about 25k miles. No mods. Outside of recalls, only issue has been fuel pump needed replacing

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
you guys have SUCH low miles...

2015 ST with 31,000 + picked up with 2 miles on clock on June 28, 2015. Get out there and enjoy you cars people!

no issues but have a rattle in front end, think it is the top mount on the strut, needs to go to dealer soon.

I know I'm not a 13 but I figured I would join in because I have more miles than most in the thread so far

·
Registered
506 Posts
you guys have SUCH low miles...

2015 ST with 31,000 + picked up with 2 miles on clock on June 28, 2015. Get out there and enjoy you cars people!

no issues but have a rattle in front end, think it is the top mount on the strut, needs to go to dealer soon.

I know I'm not a 13 but I figured I would join in because I have more miles than most in the thread so far
I know these '13 are pretty much mint; i got mine July 2015 new and am at 36k, have the dumb idle shutter but other than that nothing to complain about

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
2014 ('13 1/2) with 60,000mi. Happy to report no issues. Runs like new still, I've had parts on and off all over the place. Currently, I am running basically like stock. Did the recall, though my car didn't show the symptoms.

·
Registered
184 Posts
'13 ST3, just over 50K miles.

No complaints! No real issues other than some minor issues that seem to be somewhat common - a few instances of "Headlamp Fault" (though headlights have been fine), RMM clunk under extreme acceleration/shift (never got it fixed under the TSB), some MyFordTouch flakiness (much better since late '13 update). Leather Recaros have held up admirably, never had the idling issue, and the only rattle was in the sunglass holder for a few months but it went away. No mods except for replacing the brake pads (the stock ones just had unacceptable dust) and tires, and replacing the front speakers (which led to much better stereo separation, and better highs and mids).

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
'13 ST2, 40K miles.

Only maint. I've had was ford replacing motor mounts, the wiring harness fix (although I never experienced any problems with it) and one new set of tires and oil changes. No rattles, no squeaks, no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Good here. Got my 13 around Christmas 2012 and have about 63k on it. The usual stuff. Had the shift-bang and wheel hop and tried different motor mounts and still had it. I changed to all-season tires and the wheel hop went away, so I went back to my oem motor mounts. But then I missed that direct feel and made a hybrid mount out of the front part of the eFocus mount and the rear part of the boomba mount.
Let's see, I did have all kinds of complaints about MFT, but once I installed the update it's been smooth. I still hate the nav so I use Waze on my phone. Replaced my pads with Hawks when the stock pads wore out at 22k. That's about it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
70k miles, 2013 pre-production ordered. The only major problem I had was the engine wiring harness, bad ignition coil replaced post warranty, and premature strut bearing wear (Ford has a tsb out for this). I fixed the harness myself after the dealership FUBAR'd this simple fix. I replaced the suspension with Mountune club sport which fixed the strut bearing issue. The hatch back door switch just went out....simple fix. ST3 interior still looks almost like the day it was delivered. Everything except the turbo has been bolt on modded and custom tuned by stratified. Last compression test a month ago came in approximately 170 across all cylinders. Run the car hard frequently and typically near 290 whp virtual dyno on e30 gas.

Big turbo this spring or little later. Waiting to see what tech comes out of sema ....looks promising so glad I waited before investing in a bt build.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My 13 ST has 30,157 miles on it. no problems. It has had the wiring splice recall and the motor mount recall. The only mod is the Redline hood struts. The mileage will go up faster now the I will be driving it year round. I used my 92 olds as a winter car the first 3 winters. But I sold it this summer and bought a new summer toy after I replaced the Goodyear F1 summer tires with Cooper Rs3 all season tires. 20160508_172548.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bought a st3 new in October of 13 and it now has 62k.. Got an fmic intake plugs and a tune.. So far it's been great just normal maintenance

·
Registered
744 Posts
Bought my '13 ST3 used. It's currently at 70k miles and I think I'm having the dreaded 2nd gear synchro problem. Going to the dealer tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts