Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier I posted about my Focus ST smoking heavily after WOT. I removed my down pipe and unmarried my Accessport and installed the stock down pipe back in. I started it up and no smoke. I did about 4-5 WOT pulls and no smoke. Something seemed off. I popped the hood and looked under and found that I forgot to plug in the crankcase breather tube that goes from the valve cover to the intake. I plugged it back in and barely did a WOT pull and it started smoking heavily. So now I'm wondering if my PCV valve needs to be cleaned. And if it does, where is it and how do I clean it?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
So earlier I posted about my Focus ST smoking heavily after WOT. I removed my down pipe and unmarried my Accessport and installed the stock down pipe back in. I started it up and no smoke. I did about 4-5 WOT pulls and no smoke. Something seemed off. I popped the hood and looked under and found that I forgot to plug in the crankcase breather tube that goes from the valve cover to the intake. I plugged it back in and barely did a WOT pull and it started smoking heavily. So now I'm wondering if my PCV valve needs to be cleaned. And if it does, where is it and how do I clean it?
This might help:
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-breather-plate-installation-tips-review.html

All the best,
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts