Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get a lot of adult passengers in my car and I'm not over there much so it took a while to notice, but the passenger seat sits really high, don't you think? Like I said, I didn't notice it much at first, but after having a buddy in there to go to lunch the other day, it seemed like he was awkwardly uncomfortable when I looked over. Seemed like his head was in the roof, LOL. So then I sat over there for the sole purpose of paying attention to that, and yea, that sucker is high. Anyone else notice or think this? Any way to lower that seat?

·
Administrator
11,868 Posts
I don't get a lot of adult passengers in my car and I'm not over there much so it took a while to notice, but the passenger seat sits really high, don't you think? Like I said, I didn't notice it much at first, but after having a buddy in there to go to lunch the other day, it seemed like he was awkwardly uncomfortable when I looked over. Seemed like his head was in the roof, LOL. So then I sat over there for the sole purpose of paying attention to that, and yea, that sucker is high. Anyone else notice or think this? Any way to lower that seat?

Rofl, yep it's higher. People have changed out brackets, possibly custom I think. I never looked into it personally, my car has no comfort for passengers at all, lol. Paint shaker, can't hear yourself speak status, lol.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I noticed this too. Often times when detailing I sit in the passenger seat and I would actually put the passenger seat on the list of disappointments (dont worry small list) in this car.

First like you said it is high, with no known adjustments available. Unless someone can please tell me I am wrong?

Second I find it too close to front dash (similiar to #1), often the driver touches the passengers leg shifting into 5/6. With a cute girl thats awesome (who am I kidding that never happens), two dudes not awesome.

Once again too high/close/something the passenger cant even open the glove box without banging their knee.

Finally I am really disappointed the seats are not power. Buying an ST3 that is supposedly "fully loaded" meaning moon roof & nav as well, I never once even though to ask if the passengers seat have power. Major disappointment considering I came from a 1995 Saab 900 that wrote the book on sparing no expenses (for a peasant car), that thing literally had a trip computer & OBDII support which were amazing for its day.

The best solution I have is puttnig the passenger seat way back. But now the back seat behind the passenger is a major nuisance, shame because I love the back seats of this car. So basically I have a 3 person car, or a 4 person car & an uncomfortable front passenger.

Thanks for reminding me how disappointing this part of the ST is. Otherwise most of my complaints are nit picking but this one is genuinely a wtf ford moment. ST1 I would understand, but ST3 is wtf.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Second I find it too close to front dash (similiar to #1), often the driver touches the passengers leg shifting into 5/6. With a cute girl thats awesome (who am I kidding that never happens), two dudes not awesome.
I dont think I have ever had this issue lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Remember this car is considered a compact.

Sent from another garage.
That doesn't really have anything to do with the passenger​seat being oddly high in comparison to the driver's seat.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Both seats are way too high. I'm 6'4" and I can't sit shotgun in my own car. With the drivers side all the way down, my hair still brushes the roof. Head's def. tilted with a helmet on. It's one of the reason why I don't AutoX as much as I used to, it's kind of difficult for me to see straight with a tilted head.

I looked into hacking up the seat brackets, a customs shop quoted me something like $400 for the drivers seat, and said that once that's done, it's going to be in a fixed position with zero adjustment capabilities. I'm just going to live with it until the car's paid off and I can get a different car for DD'ing. Then I'll swap out the Recaros for some real race seats.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The orientation of the interior is also very different on passenger aside (at least for 13-14 models) where the shifter area is pointed to the driver and appears to have more space that side due to the cut-out for the handbrake.

Makes me very self conscious of the comfort levels of any non car enthusiast passengers I might have up front.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Makes me very self conscious of the comfort levels of any non car enthusiast passengers I might have up front.
EXACTLY! I hate how aware I am of this now that I've become aware of this! The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that it's extremely rare for me to have an adult over there (single dad...I have no life, lol). My 14 year old son is over there most the time and he's a small guy, even for his age, and he doesn't care. And my daughter already complains that she can't see out good. Heck, I think I just described that it may even be s benefit for my kids...but it still drives me bonkers regardless.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was looking into this the other day, there is a company in the UK that makes lowering brackets for the RS shell seats. I want to lower the passenger seat so short and older people can get out easier. I thought about buying them when they release a fitment for the "regular" Recaros, but then I saw the price ....... I think my passengers can handle the pain.

JCR Focus RS SuperLow Seat Frames (CAR SET)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts