Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ST3 package and after turning my car on, the lights calibrate and everything is good. I'll pull out of the drive way and the passenger side headlight turns off, I figured it was a bulb issue so I swapped it before replacing; nope! I stumbled on a spare ballast and swapped it in, also didn't change anything. Has anyone else had this issue before?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
Will it remain illuminated as long as it's stationary for an extended length of time?

If equipped with turning lamp assemblies do you notice if it cuts out after you are rotating the wheel the opposite direction after backing out or does it cut out immediately once the vehicle is in motion?

There's alot going on in that headlight assembly so it may take some searching for this one.

J

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the time I back out of the drive way its already off. I'm assuming while I turn the wheel is when it cuts off now that I think about it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
What year is your ST?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
Here is the passenger side (right) headlight assembly, headlamp control module diagrams along with the corresponding interface connectors for them and the BCM.

First try sitting stationary with the headlights on. Cut the wheel lock to lock and see if that effects the light. Also see if shutters, parking lights, DRL's are effected. Inspect for loose, dirty or corroded connectors, chafed wires or water ingress.

That's where I would start.

J

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts