Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was attempting to adjust my shiftboot last night, and in the process of reinstalling, managed to break the little ring on the shift collar that attaches to the black plastic lockout mechanism. Is there anyway I can purchase just the collar (silver part that you grip and pull up on) online or am I best served by heading to my local ford parts counter? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So, I was attempting to adjust my shiftboot last night, and in the process of reinstalling, managed to break the little ring on the shift collar that attaches to the black plastic lockout mechanism. Is there anyway I can purchase just the collar (silver part that you grip and pull up on) online or am I best served by heading to my local ford parts counter? Thanks!
Well as unfortunate as this is, I'm pretty sure it's been asked several times before and it is NOT available by itself. Ford only sells the entire shifter assembly. Your only option will be to find an ST in the junkyard, find someone parting out their car on here, buy the shifter assembly from someone used, or to rig it. You can easily rig it, but I'll look less than ideal.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Not entirely true, you can get the boot with the lockout ring. However, its about half the price as the whole shift assembly.

EDIT: There are several part numbers out there with the similar drawings. I found mine on ebay by typing the description, so I don't know the exact part number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not entirely true, you can get the boot with the lockout ring. However, its about half the price as the whole shift assembly.

EDIT: There are several part numbers out there with the similar drawings. I found mine on ebay by typing the description, so I don't know the exact part number.

I ended up rigging it back together with some well placed superglue, but I will be on the lookout at copart for a used lockout assy. At least I've got it working for now.
I'm pretty bummed out that ford doesn't sell it separately at a reasonable price though. The plastic is very brittle and easy to damage. Ah well.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I ended up rigging it back together with some well placed superglue, but I will be on the lookout at copart for a used lockout assy. At least I've got it working for now.
I'm pretty bummed out that ford doesn't sell it separately at a reasonable price though. The plastic is very brittle and easy to damage. Ah well.
Same boat as me, the superglue has been holding fine! Though I have a replacement, I just haven't bothered to do it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts