Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. Can the car be parked, with the engine running, and all of the lights off? The eyebrow lights seem to come on anytime the car has power. It would be nice to be able to sit in a parking lot, and not show the car is "on".

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know the feeling, went to a drive in and had to shut the car off and use there old speaker to watch the movie :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is no switch for the DRL's
I was hoping there was some combination of menus, or other tricks that could get them to shut off. With some cars.. like putting the parking brake at 1 notch would do it. Sadly... no joy in this case.

If there's no way of doing it "normally" I may need to break out a switch and relay.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know the feeling, went to a drive in and had to shut the car off and use there old speaker to watch the movie :mad:
In the future you can just hit the power button on the radio. The radio will turn on as long as the key fob is in the car. No need to push the start switch into accessory mode.

·
Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
254 Posts
On some of my other cars, applying the parking brake extinguishes the DRL's. I last was able to do this in a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan at a drive-in last year. I don't know if the ST works the same way but it's something I'll try.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Misread ignore this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts