Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uuugggg, so my Wilwood install went flawless...except for one small item. Not enough slack on one side to get the parking brake cable reattached to the bracket. If I do one side (doesn't matter which), not enough slack to get the other. Tried to look under the car to find where the two sides meet together and run to the handle, but they disappear under the exhaust heat shielding. F*** that. How do I get just a tiny bit of slack on this one side to get it connected?? Couldn't find any data.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Disregard. Found it. When you pull the boot back on the parking brake arm, there's a 1/2" nut stairing younright in the face. Backing this off puts slack in the system.
Thanks for coming back with the answer. Helps people who run into issues and don't have epiphanies lol.

Reactions: stupidgts

·
Registered
802 Posts
FYI for 2013/2014 ST3 owners (with the cupholders side by side rather than front and back) - to get to the adjustment bolt you need to remove the heated seat control panel just forward of the cupholders and reach way down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my 2013 ST's brakes done for the first time (pads and rotors - 64k). They returned the car to me with a very sloppy parking brake. I have to pull it up perpendicular to get it to hold. When I asked them about it they said that the cart probably needed new calipers as well, and that would fix it. I'm suspicious but ignorant... any comments?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just had my 2013 ST's brakes done for the first time (pads and rotors - 64k). They returned the car to me with a very sloppy parking brake. I have to pull it up perpendicular to get it to hold. When I asked them about it they said that the cart probably needed new calipers as well, and that would fix it. I'm suspicious but ignorant... any comments?
You may need to yank it quite a few times. Mine was like that until the ratcheting mechanism had adjusted to a reasonable pressure. If that doesn't work, look at the rear wheels just behind the rear caliper should be the cable, make sure they are in the groove to hold them in.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Drive in reverse and pull up on it until you stop. Do this a few times and it should adjust itself

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
FYI for 2013/2014 ST3 owners (with the cupholders side by side rather than front and back) - to get to the adjustment bolt you need to remove the heated seat control panel just forward of the cupholders and reach way down.
Ok cus I just did my rear brakes and my e brake is very loose thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts