Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I haven't seen a whole lot of reviews for the Panda custom tune so I though I'd offer my experience for potential buyers. I'm not all the way through the process yet, so I'll update as I go.

I purchased my Cobb AP through Panda Motorworks and selected the custom 93 tune option for an additional 50 dollars. It gives me the Panda OTS tune with one revision for my personal fuel/mods. I received my AP a little late because of a shipping/processing problem. Once the issue was brought to their attention they were pretty quick to get it shipped out. If you haven't heard, communication isn't their strong suit but...

Holy crap! the 93 OTS map is crazy. I noticed little or no difference when I went to the Cobb 93 OTS map. The Panda tune pulls hard! I haven't finished datalogging for the revision yet, but so far the car seems to like the tune. OAR stays put at -1, and its constantly adding timing up to 5. Hopefully everything is pretty much dialed in and I'll find out once I send the datalogs.

The economy map is a bit different. It seems to limit boost and timing advance while at partial throttle (normal driving) but when you put your foot down it will still go. I'm not sure if it limits the peak boost and or timing??? I look forward to some highway travelling to see what kind of mileage I get.

The map switching is fantastic. Its great to be able to switch maps on the fly. I only wish I had more to choose from haha. For 2015 owners note that the shift lights no longer work and will not show you what map slot you have loaded. Contrary to the video which explains switching maps, you have to monitor the tach for which slot is selected.

One thing I'm missing and hopefully they can put it back in??? The sound symposer. I'm a fan and would like to have it back. Anyone know if they can "turn it back on"?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved. Mods, please don't move this thread yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
One thing I'm missing and hopefully they can put it back in??? The sound symposer. I'm a fan and would like to have it back. Anyone know if they can "turn it back on"?
Anything that has been turned off can be turned back on.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thank you for your initial review!

I am the only one answer phones and pms while still working in the shop. And I a till adjusting having a little one. I apologize for the processing error. Glad you got the ap and enjoying the base map!

Let me know if I can do and nothing else for you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[email protected] I've sent an email with a couple datalogs. I'm not sure if I was entitled with my purchase, so if I need to I'll purchase a revision. I've noticed knock counts that seem high to me during WOT pulls.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me check your ticket and I will let you know but we want to make sure it gets taken care of and everything is performing how it should!
Yep, looks like Troy is on it. He sent me an email pretty quickly. Just curious as to how he's adjusting the tune and all that. He seems very knowledgeable, but not very talkative. I know you guys stay busy. I sent him a couple logs to review and a couple of questions as well. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yep, looks like Troy is on it. He sent me an email pretty quickly. Just curious as to how he's adjusting the tune and all that. He seems very knowledgeable, but not very talkative. I know you guys stay busy. I sent him a couple logs to review and a couple of questions as well. Thanks for the quick reply.
Troy is pretty talkative normally. We adjust a lot of tables and have many different approaches depending on what we see. It can be difficult to explain in detail what we are exactly doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well after reading a ton on the tunes, i decided to go with panda just because of the communication from Mitch. he is sending the invoice and i will be getting the cobb and 91 tune to start. I will update the progress here as i get roling from a newb perspetive.

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
well after reading a ton on the tunes, i decided to go with panda just because of the communication from Mitch. he is sending the invoice and i will be getting the cobb and 91 tune to start. I will update the progress here as i get roling from a newb perspetive.
Fair warning, this is not always the case with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts