Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed my turbo inlet this morning. Straight forward install that took 20-30 mins. It's simple to do and would have been easier if I could have got my wiper arms off.

I took it for a couple mile drive. First thing I noticed was the smoother acceleration in the lower RPM range. I noticed it pulling up a hill out of my sub division where sometimes it lugs a bit and lunges between the 1st-2nd shift. Of course you can hear the turbo better now and gives the motor more of a growl.

Currently I'm getting 28mpg during my weekly work commute so time will tell if the increased air flow affects the mileage.

Attachments

· Registered
544 Posts
Installed my turbo inlet this morning. Straight forward install that took 20-30 mins. It's simple to do and would have been easier if I could have got my wiper arms off.

I took it for a couple mile drive. First thing I noticed was the smoother acceleration in the lower RPM range. I noticed it pulling up a hill out of my sub division where sometimes it lugs a bit and lunges between the 1st-2nd shift. Of course you can hear the turbo better now and gives the motor more of a growl.

Currently I'm getting 28mpg during my weekly work commute so time will tell if the increased air flow affects the mileage.
Trying to install this and im stumped... I feel like im missing something obvious here. Im sure that bracket is supposed to be bolted to something... and the connection for the pcv is in an odd spot which puts a kink in the hose. Im sure im doing something wrong. Do you have any pics with the engine cover off?

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Rim
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Tire

· Registered
544 Posts
Thanks man. You are now the proud owner of the only picture of a Panda intake installed with the engine cover off on the entire internet haha. There is like zero info out there on this intake for real. not sure why I couldn't get it to line up I had a local ST guy come over and fiddle with it for a while and we got it to bolt on correctly.

· Registered
3,230 Posts
Here is a very bad picture of mine. I should have taken another picture with a better camera after I had cleaned the engine bay, maybe I can do that this weekend. My hose kinks a little too, but it's not terrible.

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a very bad picture of mine. I should have taken another picture with a better camera after I had cleaned the engine bay, maybe I can do that this weekend. My hose kinks a little too, but it's not terrible.
I had mine powdercoated and it turned out really nice. I took a look at how mine was oriented and it feels like it sits straight up/down. I wonder if the turbo causes yours to have an offset. That's why they built a two piece intake to accommodate aftermarket turbos.

I added a 45* elbow to mine today and it gave me a bit more wiggle room.

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Exhaust manifold

· Banned
2,537 Posts
What's so funny....
I heard the roush didn't make a lot of sound like the injen sounds good and kinda loud. Since they don't do no gains really like it more for sound
You can take off your stock filter box and add a green filter and it will be just as loud. It's not the tubes that make/change the noise.

· Registered
544 Posts
I had mine powdercoated and it turned out really nice. I took a look at how mine was oriented and it feels like it sits straight up/down. I wonder if the turbo causes yours to have an offset. That's why they built a two piece intake to accommodate aftermarket turbos.

I added a 45* elbow to mine today and it gave me a bit more wiggle room.

View attachment 89634
Revamping this old thread because I still haven;t solved that kink in my PCV hose... the hose isn;t all one length so I'm struggling to find a 45 degree elbow that will fit. Do you happen to have a part #?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.