Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first and foremost I would like to give credit where credit is due: @[email protected] is a very knowledgeable and capable tuner, the proof is all over this forum. Unfortunately this does not translate to being an adequate buisness owner.

Buying something from them online has been nothing but a hassle. I was never advised that my order was to come in two separate packages on separate dates, I have asked for an ETA and never even got so much as a tracking number, and getting in touch with someone has been a PITA. Someone even falsely claimed to have handled everything over an alleged phone call which never took place. Customer service has overall been much less than subpar, and frankly, one of the worst from an online vendors that I have experienced.

Not until I had posted something negative was I receiving prompt answers. Chris attempted to call me and then left a voicemail, amongst the things that were mentioned was his intrest in having these negative reviews removed. After mentioning the long hours that I work and my reluctance to wake up early (due to the difference in time zones) to speak on the phone Chris then sent me the following email:

"If you are not willing to take some time to communicate back with me I will refund you the portion for the battery and I will send a letter for the reviews to be removed as it was not true and slander/defamation to get us to comply to what you wanted.

I am here to help you but only if you will allow it. Otherwise we can not do help. Thank you"

This lack of customer service and blatant lies of accusing me of slander and defamation are disgusting. First of all, all I attempted to do was get an ETA and SOME info as to what was happening with my order. Even if I had ACTUALLY committed slander and defamation, for it to come to that to simply get an update on my order is unacceptable. In Chris' defense, he seems to be a great tuner, however, as an online vendor he and his company are atrocious.

I don't except sympathy from anyone or any sort of resolve in regards to this situation, I only wish to spread awareness of the lack of customer service that I and others have experienced. I wish all, including @[email protected], a good day.

·
Super Moderator
7,590 Posts
Hello all, first and foremost I would like to give credit where credit is due: @[email protected] is a very knowledgeable and capable tuner, the proof is all over this forum. Unfortunately this does not translate to being an adequate buisness owner.

Buying something from them online has been nothing but a hassle. I was never advised that my order was to come in two separate packages on separate dates, I have asked for an ETA and never even got so much as a tracking number, and getting in touch with someone has been a PITA. Someone even falsely claimed to have handled everything over an alleged phone call which never took place. Customer service has overall been much less than subpar, and frankly, one of the worst from an online vendors that I have experienced.

Not until I had posted something negative was I receiving prompt answers. Chris attempted to call me and then left a voicemail, amongst the things that were mentioned was his intrest in having these negative reviews removed. After mentioning the long hours that I work and my reluctance to wake up early (due to the difference in time zones) to speak on the phone Chris then sent me the following email:

"If you are not willing to take some time to communicate back with me I will refund you the portion for the battery and I will send a letter for the reviews to be removed as it was not true and slander/defamation to get us to comply to what you wanted.

I am here to help you but only if you will allow it. Otherwise we can not do help. Thank you"

This lack of customer service and blatant lies of accusing me of slander and defamation are disgusting. First of all, all I attempted to do was get an ETA and SOME info as to what was happening with my order. Even if I had ACTUALLY committed slander and defamation, for it to come to that to simply get an update on my order is unacceptable. In Chris' defense, he seems to be a great tuner, however, as an online vendor he and his company are atrocious.

I don't except sympathy from anyone or any sort of resolve in regards to this situation, I only wish to spread awareness of the lack of customer service that I and others have experienced. I wish all, including @[email protected], a good day.
Panda Motorworks, thats a name I don't hear too often in these parts, and when it comes up, it doesn't seem to be good news. Well, not in the last few years anyway.

We mostly deal with JST, Stratified, Unleashed, Freektune, and once in awhile Nishan these days. All fantastic tuners, with strong business models and excellent customer service both in tuning and parts.

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
Sucks you didn't have a good experience with Panda.. Personally I still do business with them and haven't had any issues. My only issue was UPS caused. Someone at one of their hubs stole my RS rotors. Since Panda was the shipper they had to initiate the claim with UPS and got my a replacement set of rotors pretty quick.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,
Panda Motorworks, thats a name I don't hear too often in these parts, and when it comes up, it doesn't seem to be good news. Well, not in the last few years anyway.

We mostly deal with JST, Stratified, Unleashed, Freektune, and once in awhile Nishan these days. All fantastic tuners, with strong business models and excellent customer service both in tuning and parts.
I usually go through specifically Stratified as they have been nothing but amazing through and through, but unfortunately I made the mistake of not doing my research. Tbh I had a little cash burning a hole in my pocket and the first thing I read about AGM batteries was some "lightweight" tray that Panda sold, not realizing that it was actually a Grimmspeed product (the whiskey on board didn't help none lol) and just clicked away. Lesson learned of course. Thanks for the advice👍

Side note: I've been lurking this forum for a bit and have came across your posts and must say thank you for imparting equal parts humor and knowledge!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sucks you didn't have a good experience with Panda.. Personally I still do business with them and haven't had any issues. My only issue was UPS caused. Someone at one of their hubs stole my RS rotors. Since Panda was the shipper they had to initiate the claim with UPS and got my a replacement set of rotors pretty quick.

Unfortunately "not a good experience" is an understatement in this case, not to be melodramatic of course. Glad to hear that your experience has been good, and it seems to generally be good per the reviews I've read, but I have also noticed I'm not the only one to have had a similar experience.

Side note: I must thank you as well for all the incredibly detailed technical write-ups

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
Unfortunately "not a good experience" is an understatement in this case, not to be melodramatic of course. Glad to hear that your experience has been good, and it seems to generally be good per the reviews I've read, but I have also noticed I'm not the only one to have had a similar experience.

Side note: I must thank you as well for all the incredibly detailed technical write-ups
Your welcome. I wish most of the pictures for the earlier writeups were still there.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey @Duece McCracken, could I tell a story of someone I know had happen to them while dealing with Panda, I wanted to ask before it seemed like I was trying to bash them. I just feel like things like this should be told to our Focus ST communities so people don't have to be victim of similar instances while dealing with engine builders or parts suppliers. But if I am told not too, I wont. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,590 Posts
Hey @Duece McCracken, could I tell a story of someone I know had happen to them while dealing with Panda, I wanted to ask before it seemed like I was trying to bash them. I just feel like things like this should be told to our Focus ST communities so people don't have to be victim of similar instances while dealing with engine builders or parts suppliers. But if I am told not too, I wont. Thanks!
Well, these threads tend to spiral out of control. Plus not sure if Matt will chime in. He hasnt been active in over a year and a half.

It comes down to hearsay a lot of the time, and its not a great way to honestly evaluate a vendor/tuner.

Personally, I too have 3rd party stories pertaining to Panda, but it's not my place to post them. I just steer people away from them if their name pops up, but I'm not going out of my way to trash talk them. I have zero firsthand experience with them, and they are a founding father of this tuning platform.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the aux fuel kit from panda, and paid extra for the USB cable to be able to tune the controller. USB cable never showed up in the package. Emailed them back and they said they would send one out. About a month later it never showed up. Emailed them back asking if it ever got shipped and never got a response back.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Wow well they seem to really take care of their customers.....smh, they should be ashamed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts