Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the MP275 from Mountune for Black Friday - thinking of using their template to spray their logo on the intercooler - which is black...

A few questions:

1. What color red matches the ford calipers?
2. Can the paint be made to be reflective?
3. Should I clearcoat after spraying?

Thx!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
No idea, but I think that would look awesome, so good luck and post pics when done!

Reactions: Toadster

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Got the MP275 from Mountune for Black Friday - thinking of using their template to spray their logo on the intercooler - which is black...

A few questions:

1. What color red matches the ford calipers?
2. Can the paint be made to be reflective?
3. Should I clearcoat after spraying?

Thx!
You should only Use Radiator or high temp spray paint, and only light coats, no extra clear as it could make the coating to thick and hinder airflow

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't put anybody's name on my car unless they give me a super huge discount or something for free. I started doing this with my TT car years ago and it just carried over to my street cars. I'd put my kids name on the intercooler first.

You shouldn't have to clear coat and any red that is close should work fine. They are far enough away from each other that nobody would be able to tell a slight difference.

Reactions: Toadster and Baxter

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should only Use Radiator or high temp spray paint, and only light coats, no extra clear as it could make the coating to thick and hinder airflow

Anything that would match the calipers? And/or ST logo red?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've seen red. Local guy painted his black with the logo in red. Looked god

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

x2!
also, using some sort of fan to "push" the paint deep inside the IC fins would also be a good idea... it wont build up, and will allow a nice coverage

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
x2!
also, using some sort of fan to "push" the paint deep inside the IC fins would also be a good idea... it wont build up, and will allow a nice coverage
Maybe heat gun - on low of course

·
Registered
389 Posts
Any paint you add makes it less efficient.

Not according to these dudes from 'straya. Really it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Also, leaf blower seems like a good option to push the paint into the intercooler more.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

Not according to these dudes from 'straya. Really it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Also, leaf blower seems like a good option to push the paint into the intercooler more.
That was positively enlightening. I may have to pull my IC and paint it one of these days.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That was positively enlightening. I may have to pull my IC and paint it one of these days.
At some point after christmas im ordering a DEPO 3.5" and painting it bronze before it goes on.

Reactions: Toadster

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I was on the fence, but now that I know there isn't any real downside I will probably paint it black, I don't want it stick out silver when the rest of my car is black already.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
At some point after christmas im ordering a DEPO 3.5" and painting it bronze before it goes on.
You should totally upload mad pictures once you do. I just might have to do the same on my PB ST when I order mine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts