Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the week off work since my daughter is on spring break, but as Murphy would have it, she got the flu and it hasn't been much of a break. I bought the car last Friday and I've only been able to put about 75 miles on it, mostly running for prescriptions and the video store. She has started feeling better today though and I have been going stir crazy, so I got a little time to myself in my studio and painted my hood liner. This is primarily a test for me to check durability, which I know won't be an issue since I've painted hood liners before, but better safe than sorry.

When I'm ready for the "Real" painting I'll just buy another liner, they are pretty cheap.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Art Vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hold on, where do you live that you still have a video store??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
LOL, Illinois, believe it or not, and they stay pretty busy too :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that looks great!!�� Is that all hand painted or how'd you do that?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

It's all airbrushed. I cut the stencils on my vinyl cutter, sealed the hood liner with a transparent base so it wouldn't soak up the paint. Then painted and heat set. Finally covered with a transparent base. I'm more concerned about it staying clean than I am anything else, but since it's sealed I can wipe it down it need be.

·
Registered
137 Posts

It's all airbrushed. I cut the stencils on my vinyl cutter, sealed the hood liner with a transparent base so it wouldn't soak up the paint. Then painted and heat set. Finally covered with a transparent base. I'm more concerned about it staying clean than I am anything else, but since it's sealed I can wipe it down it need be.
Cool man thanks for the info!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts