Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 3 weeks in, and the paint in front of my car is already chipping off, i know warranty doesn't cover, so what type of paint protector do I buy!?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Just 3 weeks in, and the paint in front of my car is already chipping off, i know warranty doesn't cover, so what type of paint protector do I buy!?
Are we talking chips from rocks? Or are we talking paint issues? If paint issues then it's covered.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are we talking chips from rocks? Or are we talking paint issues? If paint issues then it's covered.
Yes, the paint is chipping from the exposure of sun, but it's way too soon for it to be coming off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, the paint is chipping from the exposure of sun, but it's way too soon for it to be coming off
I'm nearly certain the paint is covered for at least a year. I took delivery of my 2017 from the factory with a paint defect in the hood. Dropped it off at the dealership they had it repainted and back to me in 3 days.

I'm guessing its a previous model year though....I don't know how on earth you could have paint chipping from sun exposure within 3 weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm nearly certain the paint is covered for at least a year. I took delivery of my 2017 from the factory with a paint defect in the hood. Dropped it off at the dealership they had it repainted and back to me in 3 days.

I'm guessing its a previous model year though....I don't know how on earth you could have paint chipping from sun exposure within 3 weeks.
I contacted the dealership via e-mail, i'm waiting to see what they say, but yeah? It's wayyy to soon. Ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I contacted the dealership via e-mail, i'm waiting to see what they say, but yeah? It's wayyy to soon. Ridiculous.
That's definitely covered. They will repaint it for sure.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd like to see pictures of this. I have a hard time believing it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
worst thing about our cars, the paint.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts