Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are people finding condition of paint on new focus st on collection?
Swirls ect!
I’ve ordered a black st2 I’m considering asking them not to wash and going straight for new car detail.
Has anyone found any swirls and will I need paint correction straight From showroom.I’ve heard some horror stories of dealers getting cars washed at ****ty hand car wash places prior too collection
Any feed back would be good
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
How are people finding condition of paint on new focus st on collection?
Swirls ect!
I’ve ordered a black st2 I’m considering asking them not to wash and going straight for new car detail.
Has anyone found any swirls and will I need paint correction straight From showroom.I’ve heard some horror stories of dealers getting cars washed at ****ty hand car wash places prior too collection
Any feed back would be good
Cheers
If it gets delivered you can request them not to "wash it" since they do a horrible job usually and use sh*t rags. Have them unload it and unwrap it and take it home untouched (unless it is on the showroom then it's already been touched a bunch)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My concern with that is I take it home wash it properly and find defects.will they just blame me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
My concern with that is I take it home wash it properly and find defects.will they just blame me?

Dealerships could literally not care less about the baby hologram scratches usually. Unless you find them AT THE DEALER before you leave, they won't care. My recommendation, take a bottle of detail spray (might I recommend Adam's) and have someone watch you mist the car and wipe it off or something and look for them if you're worried about it.

Let's be honest...it'll get them over time anyway...so unless it was REALLY bad I wouldn't be too picky myself.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
My plastic pillars were all jacked up, and there was swirls on the hood and roof (i even requested a no-wash, but it must have been from them clearing snow off of it or something while it was in the lot.) .... but then again I do all the detailing work myself so it wasnt such a killer to me.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose it wil be getting polished and protected no matter what so just hope it’s ok I suppose

·
Registered
825 Posts
The dealership folks definitely scratched up my window pillars. That black shiny area.. It was perfect when it cam off the truck.
When I picked it up three days later the trim was scratched

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep those black pillars get scratched and swirled to hell, just gonna vinyl cover mine eventually with extra material from another car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
don't take this the wrong way please

but if you ANAL about your finish / paint

buying a BLACK car was a BIG mistake

when I tought auto painting we took in 'volunteer cars' for free paint as class projects.

We'd not TOUCH a black job!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I own a tuxedo black ST. I would use the detailing spray and just look for defects. I had clear coat fixed on mine. From the factory the car had excess clear coat. Dealer fixed it, don't know how, but it looked much better. You car is meant to be driven, thus it's going to get dirty. You take care of the car and only you wash it, you won't have any issues.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m getting it delivered to my detailer and getting gtechnic ceramic coating straight away
Black looks awesome I’d looked after

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
don't take this the wrong way please

but if you ANAL about your finish / paint

buying a BLACK car was a BIG mistake

when I tought auto painting we took in 'volunteer cars' for free paint as class projects.

We'd not TOUCH a black job!!!!!
Not anal just don’t want it full of swirls from brand new

1 - 12 of 12 Posts