Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for information.

I was told months ago from my local audio shop that Pac Audio was going to have a kit come out to make it easier to do factory integration. This kit is a bit on the pricey side but this will save time and a headache. Take a look at if you want to keep looking stock but make the audio upgrade.

AmpPRO Amplifier Interface Module

·
Registered
463 Posts
$249 from Crutchfield who is not the cheapest out there... Considering I was going to spend 150~ on an LC7i and have to hack up the harness myself, this is well worth the cash outlay.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Getting that installed in my ST this week along with a Kenwood amp, rear door JBL speakers and a kicker amp. I tried to go the cheap way with the AA Taurus amp for volume = bad decision. Not enough power to drive the MWT component speakers I had installed in my front doors. So said "f**k this, I'm going all in here so I have some good sound.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
when I read about an old car sounding better than whats available today, I laughed so hard I fell off of my dinosaur.
Like I said Wayne Harris was there. He was around when Sparkomatic came out with their boosted EQ's and Jensen came out with their vaunted Tri-Axial 6x9 drivers. Google Wayne Harris...

I suggest he go to a local sound-off and then come back to report that ancient hardware sounded better.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I laugh when I hear people scoffing at the old stereo technology.......its hysterical. 99% of the people in this forum have never even sat in a car with a large trunk much less listened to music on one!! Imagine if I had a roll with Raquel Welch 40 years ago and some 30 year old telling me "cant compare to the babes of today!". C'mon now..........

I'm spending $1,300 this week on this PAC Audio unit......already have MWT component speakers and am adding a Kenwood amp, dual JBL coaxials and a Kicker amp. Dollar to a thousand stale donuts the sound will not touch what my buddy had in his '74 Duster back in 1978........Jensen Triax speakers and a Pioneer Supertuner + a stinky 40 watt power booster shoved in the glove compartment. Will forever be the standard for me, and lol, it was on 8 track tape.

Last week I sat in an Escalade of a guy who spent like 4 billion $ on his car stereo.....amp so big, couldn't fit under the hood of my Focus...he was so proud of it as he blasted Gun's and Roses for me. I'm still laughing..........

·
Registered
737 Posts
Where are they installing the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
$249 from Crutchfield who is not the cheapest out there... Considering I was going to spend 150~ on an LC7i and have to hack up the harness myself, this is well worth the cash outlay.
So do you not need the LC7i? Super confused. When it comes to tuning the system with the PAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
So do you not need the LC7i? Super confused. When it comes to tuning the system with the PAC
no, there is no tuning to do, the pac module preforms the same job as the LC7i, it just does it differently.

the LC7i take the sound coming out of the factory amp, and cuts it down to a level that most aftermarket amps can take, then as an added benefit, it has the acubass circuit that can be used to restore the bass that the factory amp removes as the volume goes up.

the PAC module plugs inline BEFORE the factory amp and then gives you outputs with the same pure audio signal that the OEM amp gets. it then read the data control cods that the radio sends to the OEM and applys them to the output signal (the OEM radio only has 2 channels of sound output and uses data controls for things like volume, fade, and balance) as an added benifit, since you are getting the signal before it gets to the OEM amp, the signal hasn't been messed with and doesn't need to be restored like it would if you get the signal after the OEM amp.

now, if you want the ability for tuning the system beyond what most basic aftermarket amps offer, then it would be best to wait a couple of weeks and get the DSR1 for about $30 more which then gives you a very power sound processor and can adjust for things like time alignment and much more EQ tuning

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Considering I was going to spend 150~ on an LC7i and have to hack up the harness myself, this is well worth the cash outlay.
you will still need to hack up the factory harness if you plan on using this... this only T's in behind the radio to get signal and control. you will still have to get to all the speaker wires going to each speaker (which the easiest place to do this is at the OEM amp location)

unlike the Maestro harness that plugs in where the OEM amp used to and has all the speaker wires that you can connect right directly to your new amp.

·
Registered
463 Posts
you will still need to hack up the factory harness if you plan on using this... this only T's in behind the radio to get signal and control. you will still have to get to all the speaker wires going to each speaker (which the easiest place to do this is at the OEM amp location)

unlike the Maestro harness that plugs in where the OEM amp used to and has all the speaker wires that you can connect right directly to your new amp.
You don't HAVE to, but I see what you're saying.

·
Registered
737 Posts
no, there is no tuning to do, the pac module preforms the same job as the LC7i, it just does it differently.

the LC7i take the sound coming out of the factory amp, and cuts it down to a level that most aftermarket amps can take, then as an added benefit, it has the acubass circuit that can be used to restore the bass that the factory amp removes as the volume goes up.

the PAC module plugs inline BEFORE the factory amp and then gives you outputs with the same pure audio signal that the OEM amp gets. it then read the data control cods that the radio sends to the OEM and applys them to the output signal (the OEM radio only has 2 channels of sound output and uses data controls for things like volume, fade, and balance) as an added benifit, since you are getting the signal before it gets to the OEM amp, the signal hasn't been messed with and doesn't need to be restored like it would if you get the signal after the OEM amp.

now, if you want the ability for tuning the system beyond what most basic aftermarket amps offer, then it would be best to wait a couple of weeks and get the DSR1 for about $30 more which then gives you a very power sound processor and can adjust for things like time alignment and much more EQ tuning
Ahhhhhh okay. I have the DQ61 currently and the system sounds alright. Can't wait to get either the PAC or DSR1... probably the DSR1.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Ahhhhhh okay. I have the DQ61 currently and the system sounds alright. Can't wait to get either the PAC or DSR1... probably the DSR1.
honestly if I were you, it would be the DSR-1 for sure. the pac wont get you much more than you already have. a little cleaner sound, and perfect liner sound all the way up to full volume, but for pretty much the same price (except for the required T-harness) you get both of those but so much more adjustability. on top of that, you get to remove the DQ61 (and any money made selling that makes this the cheaper path) making the install and wiring cleaner and easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts