Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've done a big turbo upgrade and every so often I will throw code P219a. I have had the car dyno'ed and been told it runs lean at higher RPM. I've replaced the 02 sensor already but was wondering if more people have had this code before and what the solution was. I've read through the forums and am guessing it's the injectors. Has anyone used Seafoam to see if that has removed buildup?

Thanks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
All I know is don't use Seafoam in turbocharged cars. It will heat up the turbo and may cause damage.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Did you have this problem before? I know I need more fuel to make more power than where I am at the moment but I would of thought the tuner would turn it down for stock injectors.
I have a stock turbo, so no I don't have this problem.

But, I read Alex's blog and his and others' experiences have been that the stock HPFP is the limiting factor for fueling, at around the HP numbers you are generating.

The LPFP in the fuel tank has some reserve capacity, so Alex sells auxiliary fueling kits: one which injects post throttle body, and a beefier one which uses a manifold spacer for per-port injection. You install a T off the LPFP feed line into the HPFP, so one side of the T goes to the HPFP and the other to the aux fuel system. The LPFP keeps up apparently.

I'd suggest sending a PM to Alex to see what he says.

FWIW I have a broken piston and a broken turbo compressor wheel as paperweights on my desk, both from separate engine failures in my old Datsun rally car due to running lean at high rpm. This is not something you want to ignore.

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a stock turbo, so no I don't have this problem.

But, I read Alex's blog and his and others' experiences have been that the stock HPFP is the limiting factor for fueling, at around the HP numbers you are generating.

The LPFP in the fuel tank has some reserve capacity, so Alex sells auxiliary fueling kits: one which injects post throttle body, and a beefier one which uses a manifold spacer for per-port injection. You install a T off the LPFP feed line into the HPFP, so one side of the T goes to the HPFP and the other to the aux fuel system. The LPFP keeps up apparently.

I'd suggest sending a PM to Alex to see what he says.

FWIW I have a broken piston and a broken turbo compressor wheel as paperweights on my desk, both from separate engine failures in my old Datsun rally car due to running lean at high rpm. This is not something you want to ignore.

Hope that helps,
Mark
I can Imagine, but normally the tunner can turn down the boost so you can run with a stock HPFP and injectors. The odd thing is I get this code once maybe every two weeks and it's not when i'm giving it. I've read it could be carbon on the injectors but it's weird it doesn't constantly throw the code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts